Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Notes: Lions 2020 rookie class graded near bottom of the NFL

I?m waiting to see how Okudah does with a half-decent pass rush (could be a while) . I still have no clue what kind of defense that Quinntricia was trying to build, probably the worst possible situation for a rookie CB.

Did not watch games, but watched highlights of Okudah ... he was getting singed right from the snap on all variations of WR routes; many shorter routes where the pass rush was not a factor.

But, there is definitively room for improvement so, I hope we see it.

Did not watch games, but watched highlights of Okudah ... he was getting singed right from the snap on all variations of WR routes; many shorter routes where the pass rush was not a factor.

But, there is definitively room for improvement so, I hope we see it.

LOL didn't watch games. And also groin injury and shoulder is bigger than the pass rush. He had surgery on that groin already

Okudah showed some flashes. We'll see if he can reach his potential quickly with a healthier and better situation

I?m waiting to see how Okudah does with a half-decent pass rush (could be a while) . I still have no clue what kind of defense that Quinntricia was trying to build, probably the worst possible situation for a rookie CB.

Im waiting for him to look like hes ever played football before.

LOL didn't watch games. And also groin injury and shoulder is bigger than the pass rush. He had surgery on that groin already

Okudah showed some flashes. We'll see if he can reach his potential quickly with a healthier and better situation

Does getting lit up count as showing flashes?

Does getting lit up count as showing flashes?

Bad joke.

4th highest grade run defense of all CBs in the entire league. The boy can tackle and support the run (193 snaps)

Also there are plays where you can see the potential in coverage. He didn't get LIT UP every play. Hence flashes. Nobody is dumb enough to think he got LIT UP every play.

Good players stand out no matter what.

You know that?s not 100% true. Shit, Slay might have had a WORSE rookie year than Okudah did. Slay was fucking garbage. He turned out just fine. There a hundreds of players in the last decade or so that didn?t produce shit for 2-3 years and turned into really good players.

That doesn?t mean Okuda is going to, but I certainly wouldn?t give up on him after one year in a shitty system.

It is stupid to give up on Okudah already. No matter how he turns out

He showed flashes is fact. He deal with bad scheme and injuries is a fact. He didn't have much support around him is a fact. Being a rookie CB on a bad defense is extremely difficult.

I honestly wouldn't doubt if Jeff Okudah becomes a safety down the line. His skill set so far seems to point that direction. Wonder how mad everyone will be then?

So extensive highlights are insufficient to make value judgements? Tell that to every OC and DC and HC in the NFL, College, and High School.

*GM to Coach watching game films*

GM: ?Did you watch this game on television??

Coach: No.

GM: LOL ... then how can you evaluate this week?s opponent?

You know that?s not 100% true. Shit, Slay might have had a WORSE rookie year than Okudah did. Slay was fucking garbage. He turned out just fine. There a hundreds of players in the last decade or so that didn?t produce shit for 2-3 years and turned into really good players.

That doesn?t mean Okuda is going to, but I certainly wouldn?t give up on him after one year in a shitty system.

Okay, I?ll agree to that.

So extensive highlights are insufficient to make value judgements? Tell that to every OC and DC and HC in the NFL, College, and High School.

*GM to Coach watching game films*

GM: “Did you watch this game on television?”

Coach: No.

GM: LOL ... then how can you evaluate this week’s opponent?

OMG LOL

They get full game cutups that they watch with like specific camera view of different angles for the All 22 and sometimes specific players. This is actually avalable on NFL Game Pass too. GMs or HCs aren't watching the tv version or Youtube highlights. That is hysterical dude. OMG. Coaches watch game tape too not just GMs. Why do you think they spend like all day at Allen Park

Your youtube highlights in your non professional "eye for talent" don't cut it. What the coaches watch is actual game tape. I have watched actual game tape too using NFL Game Pass.

Game Pass All 22 and watching on tv>your youtube garbage

Last edited:
OMG LOL

They get full game cutups that they watch with like specific camera view of different angles for the All 22 and sometimes specific players. This is actually avalable on NFL Game Pass too. GMs or HCs aren't watching the tv version or Youtube highlights. That is hysterical dude. OMG. Coaches watch game tape too not just GMs. Why do you think they spend like all day at Allen Park

Your youtube highlights in your non professional "eye for talent" don't cut it. What the coaches watch is actual game tape. I have watched actual game tape too using NFL Game Pass.

Game Pass All 22 and watching on tv>your youtube garbage

How many angles do you need to see a player out of position, beaten, juked, or trotting behind the play? Three? I think that’s sufficient. Was Okudah any better on Game Pass? Or isolated?

Maybe this is why you think Stafford is HOF-bound. But I’ll give you the “television” reference.

Last edited:
Not sure why you are all arguing this....our rookies were fucking terrible.

Jackson and Pensini were the only ones worth a shit and provided value above where they were drafted.

Swift showed promise and was rarely used...not necessarily his fault. Although losing against Chicago was. We'll see how the new regime uses him.

Okudah was a disaster. We'll see...

Okwara...we'll see. Scheme fit could be a question. I heard rumblings were going to be in a 3-3-5 look. He could play the edge in that scheme as long as he has limited coverage responsibility. Slightly small to be a down lineman in that scheme...maybe on passing downs.

Basically a whole lot of no production and we'll sees = Not a good draft.

Swift 114 carries and 57 targets is not hardly used lol..that is in 13 games. Missed 3 with injury

Okudah, Okwara, Jackson all still have pretty good potential too. 2 injury issues

Cephus potential too

Swift 114 carries and 57 targets is not hardly used lol..that is in 13 games. Missed 3 with injury

Okudah, Okwara, Jackson all still have pretty good potential too. 2 injury issues

Cephus potential too

Swift...521 yards. Big fucking deal. Not productive enough for a 2nd rd pick.

Swift...521 yards. Big fucking deal. Not productive enough for a 2nd rd pick.

521 rushing
357 receiving
4.6.ypc

10 tds

In 13.games..good for a rook for sure

Hughes not observing everything as usual

Get your head out of your ass man

Last edited:
Okwara wasn't good in college. And he won't be good in the pros. I said it when he was drafted. The guy isn't an impact player.

Back