Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NY Times publishes Trump's tax returns

sggatecl

Detroit City FC
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Long-Concealed Records Show President Trump?s Losses and Years of Tax Avoidance

Some highlights:

• Mr. Trump paid no federal income taxes in 11 of 18 years that The Times examined. In 2017, after he became president, his tax bill was only $750.
  • He has reduced his tax bill with questionable measures, including a $72.9 million tax refund that is the subject of an audit by the Internal Revenue Service.
  • Many of his signature businesses, including his golf courses, report losing large amounts of money ? losses that have helped him to lower his taxes.
  • The financial pressure on him is increasing as hundreds of millions of dollars in loans he personally guaranteed are soon coming due.
  • Even while declaring losses, he has managed to enjoy a lavish lifestyle by taking tax deductions on what most people would consider personal expenses, including residences, aircraft and $70,000 in hairstyling for television.
  • Ivanka Trump, while working as an employee of the Trump Organization, appears to have received ?consulting fees? that also helped reduce the family?s tax bill.
  • As president, he has received more money from foreign sources and U.S. interest groups than previously known. The records do not reveal any previously unreported connections to Russia.
  • Federal income taxes paid in 2017 (jointly with spouse): Joe Biden - $3,742,974 Kamala Harris - $516,469 Bernie Sanders - $343,882 Elizabeth Warren - $268,484 Donald Trump - $750
  • Trump paid more in taxes to Panama ($15,598), India ($145,400), and Philippines (156,824) than he did in the U.S.

Biggest takeaway from this: Stormy Daniels has received more money from Trump than the United States has.

Last edited:
Long-Concealed Records Show President Trump?s Losses and Years of Tax Avoidance

Some highlights:

• Mr. Trump paid no federal income taxes in 11 of 18 years that The Times examined. In 2017, after he became president, his tax bill was only $750.
  • He has reduced his tax bill with questionable measures, including a $72.9 million tax refund that is the subject of an audit by the Internal Revenue Service.
  • Many of his signature businesses, including his golf courses, report losing large amounts of money ? losses that have helped him to lower his taxes.
  • The financial pressure on him is increasing as hundreds of millions of dollars in loans he personally guaranteed are soon coming due.
  • Even while declaring losses, he has managed to enjoy a lavish lifestyle by taking tax deductions on what most people would consider personal expenses, including residences, aircraft and $70,000 in hairstyling for television.
  • Ivanka Trump, while working as an employee of the Trump Organization, appears to have received ?consulting fees? that also helped reduce the family?s tax bill.
  • As president, he has received more money from foreign sources and U.S. interest groups than previously known. The records do not reveal any previously unreported connections to Russia.
  • Federal income taxes paid in 2017 (jointly with spouse): Joe Biden - $3,742,974 Kamala Harris - $516,469 Bernie Sanders - $343,882 Elizabeth Warren - $268,484 Donald Trump - $750
  • Trump paid more in taxes to Panama ($15,598), India ($145,400), and Philippines (156,824) than he did in the U.S.

Biggest takeaway from this: Stormy Daniels has received more money from Trump than the United States has.

I know, right?

At least she got paid to get screwed.

Typically, the taxpayers both pay AND get screwed at the same time.

Trumptaxhypocrite.jpg

The financial pressure on him is increasing as hundreds of millions of dollars in loans he personally guaranteed are soon coming due.
A lot of the highlights either ding the image he projects or suggests fraud, but hundreds of millions of debt, and not knowing who he is in debt to, is a huge security issue and continues to be one going forward.

Last edited:
Maybe this will be the catalyst to repeal the 16th amendment. One can only hope.

I don't follow. Debts revealed by tax forms are not the fault of income tax.

The income tax is unethical, no matter how much one earns. None of us owe a single penny of our income to the government; so it is taken from us instead. We're just so used to it, we don't recognize it for what it is: legislated theft.

Article 1, Section 9: ?No capitation, or other direct, tax shall be laid, unless in proportion to the census or enumeration herein-before directed to be taken.? The exception is when it is apportioned among the states in proportion to the population of each state.

The 16th amendment did not, contrary to belief, authorize a tax on the person's income.

Peck & Co v Lowe

"The Sixteenth Amendment does not extend the power of taxation to new or excepted subjects, but merely removes occasion for apportioning taxes on income among the states."​

Here is another extensive look into the lie of the 16th amendment. Link

The income tax is unethical, no matter how much one earns. None of us owe a single penny of our income to the government; so it is taken from us instead. We're just so used to it, we don't recognize it for what it is: legislated theft.

Article 1, Section 9: “No capitation, or other direct, tax shall be laid, unless in proportion to the census or enumeration herein-before directed to be taken.” The exception is when it is apportioned among the states in proportion to the population of each state.

The 16th amendment did not, contrary to belief, authorize a tax on the person's income.

Peck & Co v Lowe
"The Sixteenth Amendment does not extend the power of taxation to new or excepted subjects, but merely removes occasion for apportioning taxes on income among the states."​
Here is another extensive look into the lie of the 16th amendment. Link

What about this story is unique (or specifically relevant) to that issue? Seems like it's besides the point. Like bringing up some idea about US colleges shouldn't have big business revenue sports in argument over whether or not someone got a first down.

Last edited:
What about this story is unique (or specifically relevant) to that issue? Seems like it's besides the point. Like bringing up some idea about US colleges shouldn't have big business revenue sports in argument over whether or not someone got a first down.

The income tax is an agreement, not a law, and we, the ignorant, do not have the inclination to challenge it. None of us are legally bound to pay an income tax.

The income tax is an agreement, not a law, and we, the ignorant, do not have the inclination to challenge it. None of us are legally bound to pay an income tax.
Trump owes someone $421 million dollars. That's not an income tax.

...or, if that's the hill you want to defend, I guess we can discuss why ignorant Trump paid income taxes in 5 out of 15 years. Did he forget 1/3 of the time that they are just an agreement?

...or, if that's the hill you want to defend, I guess we can discuss why ignorant Trump paid income taxes in 5 out of 15 years. Did he forget 1/3 of the time that they are just an agreement?

Or he doesn't know, or care, or elects to pay. His actions do not change the reality that the 16th amendment is a false amendment that in actuality has no authority to tax income.

Or he doesn't know, or care, or elects to pay. His actions do not change the reality that the 16th amendment is a false amendment that in actuality has no authority to tax income.
That's not it. He's not claiming ignorance or just volunteering to pay money. He's claiming he lost tons of money in his businesses and he pays taxes when he has a good branding year that makes money.

Not so sure.

One could argue that compliance with any law anywhere is voluntary - and it is, I guess until people with guns come and kill you or forcibly confine your limbs and take you away lock you up.

Then you’re all like “but I didn’t agree to any of this” and they’re all like “tell it to da judge.”

EDIT: ”Tell it to da judge.“

Last edited:
Not so sure.

One could argue that compliance with any law anywhere is voluntary - and it is, I guess until people with guns come and kill you or forcibly confine your limbs and take you away lock you up.

Then you’re all like “but I didn’t agree to any of this” and they’re all like “tell it to da judge.”

EDIT: ”Tell it to da judge.“

Simply evidence that the "law is a ass."

Subsequent SCOTUS decisions have executed some clever shape-shifting that categorizes income as an "indirect" tax rather that a "direct" tax. I know of nothing more "direct" than seeing a deduction from my paycheck every other week.

Last edited:

Sorry Byco. The whole 'I don't have to pay taxes because I don't want to pay taxes' card became unplayable when he took a $70+ million tax refund.

Byco and Liberatarians everywhere after seeing Trump's tax returns:

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Sorry Byco. The whole 'I don't have to pay taxes because I don't want to pay taxes' card became unplayable when he took a $70+ million tax refund.

Not really the core of my position, or even its fringe.

Back