Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

NYC destroys motorcycles

https://nypost.com/2022/06/21/nyc-destroys-92-dangerous-dirt-bikes/

Looking at the photos and video, it looks like a lot of very expensive motorcycles. So, instead of selling them, they destroy them?

I saw this earlier today and thought the same thing. They could have auctioned them off to the same thugs and gang bangers using them to terrorize City streets. Then when the cops kill the gangbangers and take the dirt bikes they could sell them again - a never ending revenue stream for the City...

Bonus - people who love gangbanger funerals benefit as well. Is there a downside to this idea? If so, I'm not seeing it.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

I have no idea what the message is but the .gif seemed appropriate.

I saw this earlier today and thought the same thing. They could have auctioned them off to the same thugs and gang bangers using them to terrorize City streets. Then when the cops kill the gangbangers and take the dirt bikes they could sell them again - a never ending revenue stream for the City...

Bonus - people who love gangbanger funerals benefit as well. Is there a downside to this idea? If so, I'm not seeing it.

sounds like u watched the movie Demolition Man the other night, and thought it was real life

giphy.gif

I have no idea what the message is but the .gif seemed appropriate.

NYC's current mayor is a former cop, so... he's by definition not very bright. and in true cop fashion, this - or any message - doesn't have to make sense, just vaguely imply crime is out of control and of course the only things we can do about it are: 1) give the cops more money... A LOT more money, and 2) shield cops from all public and private accountability and scrutiny

NYC's current mayor is a former cop, so... he's by definition not very bright. and in true cop fashion, this - or any message - doesn't have to make sense, just vaguely imply crime is out of control and of course the only things we can do about it are: 1) give the cops more money... A LOT more money, and 2) shield cops from all public and private accountability and scrutiny

How much money did it cost the cops to destroy those bikes? If I had to guess, they?d have gotten more money selling the bikes (unless they used union workers to do the demolition - that would have been really expensive) than they spent destroying them.

Follow up question, how is filming and broadcasting the footage all over the news and the internet shielding them from public and private accountability and scrutiny? It?s even being talked about on DSF?

Last edited:
Back