Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Obama Jets Off To Hawaii

tsmith7559 said:
johnny2x2x said:
http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2011/07/24/opinion/sunday/24editorial_graph2.html?ref=sunday

The spenders.

lol...classic...you're kidding right? Obama has added more to our debt in 3 yrs than Bush in 8 yrs...only in the NYT....Obamacare will not save money dumb dumb..it will cost us trillions and provide worse care

Part of the debt accrued under Obama is from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, bottom line is he spent less.

And you lol @ the New York Times, but check the source of the data.

tsmith7559 said:
johnny2x2x said:
http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2011/07/24/opinion/sunday/24editorial_graph2.html?ref=sunday

The spenders.

lol...classic...you're kidding right? Obama has added more to our debt in 3 yrs than Bush in 8 yrs...only in the NYT....Obamacare will not save money dumb dumb..it will cost us trillions and provide worse care

Back up your silly assertion man. I'm sure you realize Obama has had only 2 budgets so far.

Not entirely true Thumb

The current annual deficit is now an estimated $1.5 trillion. But as recently as 2007, the budget deficit was just $161.5 billion. And that was years after war expenses were in place for both the Afghanistan and Iraq conflicts.

Most of the current deficit is due to the longest recession since the 1930s. It has seriously depressed tax revenues while increasing costs to the government

johnny2x2x said:
tsmith7559 said:

Back up your silly assertion man. I'm sure you realize Obama has had only 2 budgets so far.

all his budgets had Trillion dollar deficits....yes...he has fucked things up in only 3 years, hard to fucking believe isnt it

[quote="KAWDUP":1qfsphyc]Not entirely true Thumb

The current annual deficit is now an estimated $1.5 trillion. But as recently as 2007, the budget deficit was just $161.5 billion. And that was years after war expenses were in place for both the Afghanistan and Iraq conflicts.

Most of the current deficit is due to the longest recession since the 1930s. It has seriously depressed tax revenues while increasing costs to the government

This is just cherry picking statistics to support you're obviously very biased opinion. Obama's 2012 budget? You mean the one that hasn't happend yet? You are funny.

KAWDUP said:
This is just cherry picking statistics to support you're obviously very biased opinion. Obama's 2012 budget? You mean the one that hasn't happend yet? You are funny.

Or, they are the official numbers from the CBO. So without a 2012 budget does the government shut down tomorrow? So lets just go with what was spent in 2011 then, $3.36 Trillion or a 4% cut in spending from Bush's last budget.

Search for yourself:
http://www.cbo.gov/

[quote="johnny2x2x":f8uar1i0]
[quote="KAWDUP":f8uar1i0]Not entirely true Thumb

Ask a real question, you fascist, not one you already have a stand pat, biased, and ignorant answer to.

Do I really believe what I just said?

. . . or am I just baiting you now, just as you seem to be doing?

Give me a break.

MI_Thumb said:
tsmith7559 said:

Part of the debt accrued under Obama is from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, bottom line is he spent less.

all those wars....and until 2009...none resulted in a budget deficit of $300 B...Obama has Trillion dollar deficits.....go figure

johnny2x2x said:
KAWDUP said:

Or, they are the official numbers from the CBO. So without a 2012 budget does the government shut down tomorrow?

it should

tsmith7559 said:
MI_Thumb said:

all those wars....and until 2009...none resulted in a budget deficit of $300 B...Obama has Trillion dollar deficits.....go figure

Bush's 2008 budget deficit was 454 Billion, his 2009 deficit was 1.413 Trillion. Those are Bush's budgets passed the year before. THE 2009 BUDGET WAS BUSH'S!!!, just like the 2001 Budget was Clinton's.

I believe johnny has a real problem understanding the difference between budgets and budget deficits. Care to look at something other than your made up conclusions based on your CBO "analysis"?

KAWDUP said:
I believe johnny has a real problem understanding the difference between budgets and budget deficits. Care to look at something other than your made up conclusions based on your CBO "analysis"?

Unless Obama had quickly built a time machine upon entering office in 2009 so he could travel back in time to 2008 to pass his own 2009 budget, he was stuck with Bush's budget and the deficits it would bring for 2009.

Right, but it didn't end there did it? I think my first statement in this thread fully admitted the outgoing administration played a reasonable roll in the country's cumulative deficit, didn't I? You got anything else, or is there some other way to defend our current administration's deficits?

KAWDUP said:
Right, but it didn't end there did it? I think my first statement in this thread fully admitted the outgoing administration played a reasonable roll in the country's cumulative deficit, didn't I? You got anything else, or is there some other way to defend our current administration's deficits?

So are you advocating any President cut spending in the middle of a recession? Obama's deficits are high, but what choices did he have? Bush tried to spend his way out of the recession too with a bigger stimulus than Obama, it likely also helped prevent a depression. People act like Obama's budgets are in a vacuum, the Country is obligated to spend a lot of money, it's not discretionary. Even if Obama had wanted to slash spending by a $Trillion there is now way he could have done so. Now that things are coming around economically the budget situation has a real chance to improve and recently the Treasury Department said the deficit will be less than $1 Trillion in 2012.

http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/budget/198821-budget-deficit-shrinks

Given the deficit that he inherited that was higher than that as I documented and that we staved off a depression that's a passing grade.

Say if by some Miracle Ron Paul is elected President in 2012, he'll take office in 2012 with Obama's ~ $3.5 Trillion budget and there wont be much he can do about it except pass his own budget for 2012, and you know what even if he cuts to the bone, he legally wont be able to cut more than a couple hundred Billion from that.

johnny2x2x said:
tsmith7559 said:

Bush's 2008 budget deficit was 454 Billion, his 2009 deficit was 1.413 Trillion. Those are Bush's budgets passed the year before. THE 2009 BUDGET WAS BUSH'S!!!, just like the 2001 Budget was Clinton's.

dude....stop looking at MSNBC
http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/fy09/pdf/budget/tables.pdf

tsmith7559 said:
johnny2x2x said:

dude....stop looking at MSNBC
http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/fy09/pdf/budget/tables.pdf

You really post something that was projections and not actual? These projections would have been great had the economy not tanked. Bush owns the 2009 Budget deficit, just like Obama will own the 2017 budget deficit after he leaves office that year. Got to the CBO website I provided to see the numbers that actually occurred.

Back