Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Official Michigan vs. Penn St. Score Prediction Thread

Michchamp

This Saturday, November 13th, #6 Michigan plays at #23 Penn St.

Gametime: NOON Eastern (11 AM Central); TV: ABC

This game will be a "white out" for them, which means their Stadium will be full of drunk, abrasive white people from Pennsylvania who think JoePa was innocent or something.

Penn State was ranked as high as 6th, before a tough loss at Iowa sent them into a tailspin. They were actually winning that before their QB Sean Clifford got knocked out of the game.

This lead to a bit of a hangover, as they lost the following week to Illinois in a 9OT disaster that saw them give up 357 rushing yards to the Fighting Illini

They did bounce back a bit to play OSU tough (score was 27-24 at the start of the 4th Q, despite Penn St losing 3 turnovers), and they're still a dangerous team. By all measures, including the bettors, this one is going to be a closely matched dog fight. Sagarin's rankings would give Penn State a slight (1 pt) edge due to home field advantage. The Vegas consensus line is Michigan -1 with a 48 1/2 O/U.

I don't know what to make of Penn St; Illinois is not good; nor do they have a great running game. They lost to Rutgers - who held them to 107 rushing yards.

Penn St. ranks 50th in rushing defense and 9th in PED, so presumably we could rack up a big game on the ground. We may have more trouble throwing the ball. Uncharacteristically, they can't run the ball, like at all; they rank a putrid 117th in the country in Rushing Offense, and their team passing efficiency isn't great either (75th), though it appears skewed by their 4 INTs against Iowa.

So make your predictions, along with a bit of analysis if you wish, but as always... leave the woofing and barking for other threads!

I feel like the loss to MSU was a good thing for team focus and preparation. If we were undefeated, I'd be a little more worried here. So I'm going to pick a win on the grounds that we're a better team overall, and generally play Penn State well (for whatever reason):

UM....30

PSU...23

back and forth game early, but without a running threat PennSt can't move the ball much after the half, as we adjust to their passing game.

M wins for in Unhappy Valley for the first time in six years.

Michigan 29, PSU 18.

I thought they were doing that stupid thing where fans on the 50 yard line wear blue while all others wear white, creating the "helmet game" look, or something stupid like that.

UM seems to embrace being the road team in games like this.

UM 38 PSU 13

Just feels like a 3 loss team to me, so I guess that means this will be one of the 3. I just have no faith in the coaching staff in this type of game still. Prove me wrong lads!

PSU 31
Michigan 23

Michigan 35 - PSU 21. Happy Valley is always a hostel place to play, but Michigan has played well in hostel environments this season (Nebraska, EL) and I expect them to play well this Saturday. Hope they have solved the redzone scoring problems.

PSU has Jahan Dotson on offense and not much else. Stopping him is easier said than done, but we should put bracket coverage on him every down and force anyone else to beat the defense. If Dotson can beat the bracket/double coverage, hats off to him.

They've lost some of their best players on D and their run D is suffering because of that. Hopefully Edwards is healthy so he can spell Haskins here and there and maybe he breaks a big one. I don't think we'll see Corum back this weekend.

Michigan - 27
PSU - 20

][V][ 20
PSU 31

Cade throws 2 ints. Haskins held under 100 yards rushing. CoJo with an eye-popping TD catch.

If they never again do the stupid Helmet Game thing because they lost this one, that should count as a double victory.

Back