Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Official UM at Illinois Score Prediction Thread

mgeezer

The Official Michigan at Illinois Score Prediction Thread

Last week, everyone predicted a Michigan win (no homers here). Mitch had the lowest margin with only a 2 point Michigan win.

Predict the score of the Michigan at Illinois. No prizes but I will come back after the game to determine who came closest the point spread and the actual score. It

28-24 UM

Don't know what to think, this teams road play has been questionable and Illinois is coming off a bye week. They are looking to get back on track.

mgeezer said:
I have soft spot for Illinois. I went to high school in Champaign-Urbana and saw all of the Illinois home games back then...

What's the opposite of a "soft spot?" "Hard spot" doesn't sound right... "burning enmity" sounds too harsh.

I went to law school there, and with some spectacular exceptions, hated everything about law school. I also hated the drive from Chicago-to-Champaign, and REALLY hated the drive from Champaign back to Michigan.

I rooted against UI ALL THE TIME (except against ohio state), because they annoyed me with their "Muck Fichigan" shirts and their insistence, despite a total lack of evidence, that they were a "huge rival of Michigan."

I think this is going to be a close, hard-fought game. We're a better team, and their home field advantage isn't much compared to MSU or Iowa, but they have had a bye week to prepare.

UM - 34
UI - 28

How many freaking times has our opponent come off a BYE to play Michigan??

Denard continues to look lost against a solid D on the road and my Saturday afternoon off is spent wondering what could have been if he didn't throw 2 picks.

UM 20

UI 22

MichChamp02 said:
mgeezer said:
I have soft spot for Illinois. I went to high school in Champaign-Urbana and saw all of the Illinois home games back then...

What's the opposite of a "soft spot?" "Hard spot" doesn't sound right... "burning enmity" sounds too harsh.
I would say the opposite of "soft spot" would be general disdain.

20-30mph winds with gusts up to 40+ = good bye passing game. The weather forces Borges to RUN DENARD RUN

Michigan - 20 (blocked extra point)
Illinois - 17 (missed FG at the end due to wind)

Back