Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OHIO STATE GETS BOWL BAN

pryor_knowledge_medium.gif

I wonder if the rather arrogant behavior by the AD and Admin at Ohio* had anything to do with the Bowl ban coming down? Seems there was a lot of confidence in recent weeks that "nothing more" was coming down. But when the school openly says "we'll accept a Bowl bid this year, if offered" and whisper things related to Herb Enmeijer being hired, aware that nothing substantial would come down.

It has a bit of justice to it. The Meyer Dog and Pony Show and the way ESPN was so terrible at concealing what he was invariably about to do and now to have no possibility whatsoever of winning the Leaders Division, the BigTen, the BCS or even playing in a Bowl game ....

that stings.

TheVictors03 said:
I wonder if the rather arrogant behavior by the AD and Admin at Ohio* had anything to do with the Bowl ban coming down? Seems there was a lot of confidence in recent weeks that "nothing more" was coming down. ...

I think so. from ESPN's coverage: <blockquote>It was a sobering blow to Ohio State and athletic director Gene Smith, who through a lengthy NCAA investigation had maintained there was no way the Buckeyes would be banned from a bowl game.

"I'll be shocked and disappointed and on the offensive," Smith said in July of his reaction if there was a bowl ban. "It'll be behavior you haven't witnessed (from me)."</blockquote>OKAY GENO... BRING IT. Let's see what you got.

This is just a slap on the wrist... Total Joke from Mark Emmertt and the NCAA just as i expected.. A fucking bowl band means nothing... The lack the scholarship reduction is a total joke...

Although I wish they would have smacked them harder I really had thought they would skate with less. IMO it was a huge mistake by them not to do as Miami did and take the bowl ban this year and move on. I really think their ego got the best of them. Not to mention they had sweater vest talk to the team before the game this year. I will be as giddy as a school girl should they get busted while on probation.

wheels002 said:
Although I wish they would have smacked them harder I really had thought they would skate with less. IMO it was a huge mistake by them not to do as Miami did and take the bowl ban this year and move on. I really think their ego got the best of them. Not to mention they had sweater vest talk to the team before the game this year. I will be as giddy as a school girl should they get busted while on probation.

Urban is their hc.. The strict disciplinarian. Second only to Dantonio.. A probation violation is not out of the question.

maybe a "Bowl Band" would be a punishment if it was a crappy band.

Like... instead of their marching band, ohio had to bring Nickelback, or the Backstreet Boys to the Bowl

MichChamp02 said:

Like... instead of their marching band, ohio had to bring Nickelback, or the Backstreet Boys to the Bowl

Which brings us back to the monkeys riding around on dogs. I'd take that for halftime over Nickelback.

MichChamp02 said:

I don't know man, my sources tell me that Mark Emmert is tight with Ohio*. No way he'd let something as terrible as that occur.

Bob, what did you think they should be hit with, and what prior examples are you using for your reasoning?

MichChamp02 said:

LOL. That' flippin' funny!

TheVictors03 said:
I wonder if the rather arrogant behavior by the AD and Admin at Ohio* had anything to do with the Bowl ban coming down? Seems there was a lot of confidence in recent weeks that "nothing more" was coming down. But when the school openly says "we'll accept a Bowl bid this year, if offered" and whisper things related to Herb Enmeijer being hired, aware that nothing substantial would come down.

It has a bit of justice to it. The Meyer Dog and Pony Show and the way ESPN was so terrible at concealing what he was invariably about to do and now to have no possibility whatsoever of winning the Leaders Division, the BigTen, the BCS or even playing in a Bowl game ....

that stings.

Yup. I agree with your statement. Meyer was even bragging to the media that he was promised that any further punishment by the NCAA was pretty much not going to happen. OOPS!

OSU fans should be thanking their lucky stars the punishment wasn't alot worse...

DR said:
Bob, what did you think they should be hit with, and what prior examples are you using for your reasoning?

Stop being blind... Emmertt worked and was hired by Gee when they were in Colorado.. a one year bowl ban and only 9 loss of scholarships is a small price to pay for what that rat Tre$4ell did.. Let me be clear you can go all the way back to his YSU day's but that clown was a cheater.. From players like Clarett to Smith to Pryor and many more O$U could not beat Michigan for 13 years (10-2-1). They found a coach who knew how to hide and cover things up and with the help of that Cesspool administration in Columbus they got away with it for years.. Win at all cost and that is what O$U did cheating at every corner.

Let me see.
The rat Tre$$ell gets FIVE YEARS!!!
Terrell Pryor gets 3-5 years...

O$U losses 9 scholarships over three years and a bowl ban.

Look above. Something is rotten at the NCAA and it is a guy called Mark Emmertt. Santa claus came early to that Cesspool in columbus.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
DR said:

Stop being blind... Emmertt worked and was hired by Gee when they were in Colorado.. a one year bowl ban and only 9 loss of scholarships is a small price to pay for what that rat Tre$4ell did.. Let me be clear you can go all the way back to his YSU day's but that clown was a cheater.. From players like Clarett to Smith to Pryor and many more O$U could not beat Michigan for 13 years (10-2-1). They found a coach who knew how to hide and cover things up and with the help of that Cesspool administration in Columbus they got away with it for years.. Win at all cost and that is what O$U did cheating at every corner.

Let me see.
The rat Tre$$ell gets FIVE YEARS!!!
Terrell Pryor gets 3-5 years...

O$U losses 9 scholarships over three years and a bowl ban.

Look above. Something is rotten at the NCAA and it is a guy called Mark Emmertt. Santa claus came early to that Cesspool in columbus.

Back