Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ok, I'm just going to have to say it

Oh I get it - but I think we do it wrong. They should be able to not hand one of the numbers out should there not be an elite player at the position.

When Roundtree graduates are we going to give the #21 to Jeremy Jackson just because we have to hand it out? I hope not. What's the point in having an elite number given to someone who isn't elite?

You clearly DON'T get it. The point is to honor the player who WORE the number, not the player who is WEARING the number. Ryan, Morgan and Moore are not elite players, either, though Ryan has the makings of one.

BOLD CAPS FOR THE CONCEPTUALLY CHALLENGED

You clearly DON'T get it. The point is to honor the player who WORE the number, not the player who is WEARING the number. Ryan, Morgan and Moore are not elite players, either, though Ryan has the makings of one.

BOLD CAPS FOR THE CONCEPTUALLY CHALLENGED

So we're honoring players by giving their number, in some case un-retiring it, to players who have no business wearing them. I think you just proved the point I'm trying to make. I'd say Ryan is the only player, and arguably Roundtree, who deserve a special number this season.

So we're honoring players by giving their number, in some case un-retiring it, to players who have no business wearing them. I think you just proved the point I'm trying to make. I'd say Ryan is the only player, and arguably Roundtree, who deserve a special number this season.

I can't fix this level of obtuse. To extend your logic, this program never should have been enacted in the first place, because no player on the roster measures up to the legendary players. Your lack of comprehension of the ethos of Michigan football is expected, so I'm not going to devote much consideration to it. Just keep howling into the void.

A college program really cant afford to retire numbers because they have so many players. This is a way of honoring past players while not retiring the numbers. I like it some dont.

I can't fix this level of obtuse. To extend your logic, this program never should have been enacted in the first place, because no player on the roster measures up to the legendary players. Your lack of comprehension of the ethos of Michigan football is expected, so I'm not going to devote much consideration to it. Just keep howling into the void.

No, I think you award the numbers to deserving players if the players exist - exactly like how we honor the #1 jersey. It would be in keeping with the tradition that we already had prior to this year.

A college program really cant afford to retire numbers because they have so many players. This is a way of honoring past players while not retiring the numbers. I like it some dont.

I like it, if we're careful about who we award the numbers to and don't force ourselves to award them every single year.

I dont know why so many people hate Kovacs. I think he is a great football player and I am glad he is on our football team.

I think Kovacs is a great player, and excellent leader, and is a true Michigan Man. One of the coolest things to see/hear on Saturday, was when he said, "We want to play down there, with our students."

I don't and never will understand some peoples personal vendetta against a college student who is giving more of themselves to something than his/her critics ever will give to anything in their lives.

I think Kovacs is a great player, and excellent leader, and is a true Michigan Man. One of the coolest things to see/hear on Saturday, was when he said, "We want to play down there, with our students."

I don't and never will understand some peoples personal vendetta against a college student who is giving more of themselves to something than his/her critics ever will give to anything in their lives.

MB 09's prophesy is fulfilled.

Last edited:
Kovacs is a solid player. Is he great no. But he plays hurt and he gives everything he has on every play. If people want to rip him for the plays he screws up then you also have to give him credit for the plays he does make.

That's how I felt about Sheridan, let alone Kovacs. When a player is on the field, it's because they're Michigan's best option. It's not a player's fault that they're on the field, it's their accomplishment. To the degree they succeed, they deserve credit. But if they're outgunned, I'd have a difficult time criticizing them unless the holdup had something to do with getting into trouble or a bad work ethic or something. There's a big difference between saying "we don't have the fastest safety this year" and "I can't stand that guy and I never want to see him on the field again."

All that being said...how does Rudy get a movie when there are players like Kovacs?

as I said the players and coaches like kovacs

the honor is not just about being an elite player either - they talked about it some of it being about leadership and off the field behavior.

[/b]

MB 09's prophesy is fulfilled.

False, I'm already 100% better and more accomplished than Kovacs. Once Kovacs fails out of the NFL (for obvious reasons) his sports movement degree will get him nothing.

False, I'm already 100% better and more accomplished than Kovacs. Once Kovacs fails out of the NFL (for obvious reasons) his sports movement degree will get him nothing.

Hold up for a second and look at the position you've put yourself in. This is getting ugly.

Hey byco...

Isn't there a stop sign in your neighborhood that you could just go out and argue with?

Back