Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OK State could be in the BCS title game..

manchild98 said:
tigers99888 said:
Okie State is just rolling.. How the fuck does this team not pass Bama? FLorida was nowhere near this impressive in their championship game in 2006 when they jumped Michigan..

Personally I wouldn't put them ahead of Bama. They lost to Iowa State. LSU and Bama are the 2 best teams in the country. It's too bad we can't see OK St play against Oregon.

the the thing is ive seen too many people say that the playoffs is the regular season of college football....theres no doubt in my mind that LSU deserves it over alabama...it should bve LSU vs. OK ST. and if its not its a joke

Bama had their chance at home to beat LSU and loss. Give another team the chance, Oklahoma State only loss came on the road in 2OT after the tragic deaths occurred.

manchild98 said:
tigers99888 said:
Okie State is just rolling.. How the fuck does this team not pass Bama? FLorida was nowhere near this impressive in their championship game in 2006 when they jumped Michigan..

Personally I wouldn't put them ahead of Bama. They lost to Iowa State. LSU and Bama are the 2 best teams in the country. It's too bad we can't see OK St play against Oregon.

Yeah, but let's remember the circumstances. Okie State was playing this game the day after their women's b-ball coach and an assistant were killed in a plane crash. Not to make excuses, but the Cowboys didn't have much fire that game.

Needless to say, it will be Bama vs. LSU in the title game. The SEC has it's hooks deep in the BCS committee's decisions, so no way they let this match-up get away...

I'm not trying to be mean or insensitve at all...BUT...I don't believe the deaths of a couple of women's basketball coaches affected the football team. Chances are those players didn't or barely knew them at all.

They belw a 17 point lead to a mediocre 6-6 Iowa State team that finshed 3-6 in the Big 12.

And once again, this is why these assholes need to put a playoff system into place immediately. I'm in favor of whatever NC matchup pisses of the most people. Keep doing that and maybe one day it will change...but probably not. We should never be arguing about who SHOULD be playing in the title game.

I'm with the guy that said give someone else a chance. They lost to LSU once already this season, lost to them last season - lets see if someone else can beat them.

Back