Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Old People

zyxt9

My wife came across a couple of stories and comments relating to how old we are, figured I'd share if for no other reason than to show I have a sense of humor at times.

1. I just realized that taking the number of years since 1980 (41 when this was mentioned in 2021) and reverse it back in time it would be the year 1939 and WWII would be starting.

2. I forgot what I was gonna say.

3. I went to buy liquor and went to show my ID but the sales guy very quickly just glanced and continued on... so I asked if he needed to check it. He said, "No, I already saw the year started with a '1'"

4. Completely confused teen had been at her grandma's house and later was heard describing something she couldn't understand... the old phone in the basement was from the 1990s, but it had a Hashtag on it!... But...they didn't have Twitter in the 1990s, so why did the phone have a Hashtag???"

My wife came across a couple of stories and comments relating to how old we are, figured I'd share if for no other reason than to show I have a sense of humor at times.

1. I just realized that taking the number of years since 1980 (41 when this was mentioned in 2021) and reverse it back in time it would be the year 1939 and WWII would be starting.

2. I forgot what I was gonna say.

3. I went to buy liquor and went to show my ID but the sales guy very quickly just glanced and continued on... so I asked if he needed to check it. He said, "No, I already saw the year started with a '1'"

4. Completely confused teen had been at her grandma's house and later was heard describing something she couldn't understand... the old phone in the basement was from the 1990s, but it had a Hashtag on it!... But...they didn't have Twitter in the 1990s, so why did the phone have a Hashtag???"

Hashtag has been here long before Twitter. Other than that I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Back