Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

One positive from this weekend at MSU

Sbee

Midnight madness was Friday night, Izzo hinted that he plans on coaching another 8-10 years and is driven for another national title. Very excited about this year though we will take a few lumps early on with the schedule.

The schedule early is brutal! More brutal than usual. I'm excited to see Langford and Bridges. We are very thin upfront, hopefully schilling has learned not to foul someone within 30 seconds of coming into the game.

The schedule early is brutal! More brutal than usual. I'm excited to see Langford and Bridges. We are very thin upfront, hopefully schilling has learned not to foul someone within 30 seconds of coming into the game.
The schedule is more brutal than ever, tons of travel and top 10 opponents.

I know the loss of carter hurts but we'll see bridges at the 4 more. May generally plays 4 out 1 in on offense. Schilling was playing better than Costello in summer 15 before turf toe, still need him to stay on the floor. We can expect good things from ward, top 50 recruit. People compare him to nix because of his height and being a lefty but ward is in 100x better shape than nix. Ward still has a way to go but he's a big time recruit and he's the lowest ranked of the 4. Also, 2016 was an excellent recruiting class, this is clearly izzos best class on paper at least.

Given this debacle of a football season basketball cannot come soon enough.

I'm debating making the trip to Philly in early January to see the Penn State game at The Palestra. I hear it is one of the best venues in college hoops, although I have no real affinity for it as I don't live out east or watch Big Five basketball.

The schedule is more brutal than ever, tons of travel and top 10 opponents.

I know the loss of carter hurts but we'll see bridges at the 4 more. May generally plays 4 out 1 in on offense. Schilling was playing better than Costello in summer 15 before turf toe, still need him to stay on the floor. We can expect good things from ward, top 50 recruit. People compare him to nix because of his height and being a lefty but ward is in 100x better shape than nix. Ward still has a way to go but he's a big time recruit and he's the lowest ranked of the 4. Also, 2016 was an excellent recruiting class, this is clearly izzos best class on paper at least.

As long as no one else gets hurt we should be fine up front with Schilling starting (again needs to learn not to foul) and Ward backing him up, and maybe the 2 playing together on a limited basis. Goins being recovered from his knee injuries would also help as far as depth goes and adding some flexibility at the 4. Bridges at the 4 is a better lineup for matching up in today's college game, and it allows the team to get more of their other wings (Harris, Langford, McQuaid, Ellis) on the floor. Nairn in the reports I've read is healthy and seems to have made strides offensively. I will believe that when I see it, but he's pretty important too, though Winston will certainly help there as well.

Given this debacle of a football season basketball cannot come soon enough.

I'm debating making the trip to Philly in early January to see the Penn State game at The Palestra. I hear it is one of the best venues in college hoops, although I have no real affinity for it as I don't live out east or watch Big Five basketball.
I'd like to go there too. I'm going to the UK game at MSG in November, get to see Kansas duke as well.

Back