Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Opening night thread: Dallas vs NYG

Maybe I'm confusing the players but didn't the announces say nicks was limited in practice and playing banged up basically making an excuse for why he wasn't playing good. Then later in the game they said claiborne shut him down. So which was it, a bad game by nicks or a good game by claiborne?

Nicks was suppose to be limited but he was moving around just fine from a viewing stand point..even made a leaping grab (semi) over Brandon Carr, got up and celebrated. I personally didn't see him limping or anything like that. Both corners played pretty well fpor most of the game.

Maybe the 4th was better but too many non drives early. I guess I was expecting a bit more with these two teams. But in the first half i wasn't saying "awesome, great game". There wasn't much excitement.

Maybe the 4th was better but too many non drives early. I guess I was expecting a bit more with these two teams. But in the first half i wasn't saying "awesome, great game". There wasn't much excitement.

Yeah like I said, the 4th was a bit of a snooze but I htought it was a good game to watch after.

Yeah I thought it was an interesting game. Impressed by Dallas new CBs(especially the rookie against Nicks) though Carr gave up 2 big plays and got lucky on another to Hixon.

Tuck,Osi(against sub par Oline),Corey Webster did not show up at all. And Hicks and Cruz didn't have good games.

Cowboys had some penalties but they looked good. Murray runs like a beast. Romo looked good other than the int and was suprisingly protected some. Good win on the road for the Cowboys. Hope they do the same to the Bears and the Giants don't play like that against the Packers.

Both of those pick plays looked illegal to me. Especially the one early in the game when the wr made alot of contact with the db.

Both of those pick plays looked illegal to me. Especially the one early in the game when the wr made alot of contact with the db.

I forgot about that..the one was an easy clal, he basically blocked the DB.

Ya those are the type of calls these refs will miss and teams should test. Refs missed both of them.....2nd one shoulda been a td but eli sucked.

Ya those are the type of calls these refs will miss and teams should test. Refs missed both of them.....2nd one shoulda been a td but eli sucked.

Yeah, I thought they let Claiborne get away with a little more hands on stuff than some other refs though too so it won't both ways a little. Those pick plays could have been extremely costly though.

Back