Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Osu fans seriously think bilas

michlady77

Was correct

Even when I said I felt the calls waved osu for a bit but the issue was the inconsistency they ignore the real issue to tell me I had it wrong

Autocorrect

Bias

Matta in st game made some reference t refs

I really don't think osu had something to complain there

at one point in the 2nd half, it was 6-2 in favor of OSU. They were in the penalty with like 10 minutes to go...and the refs were against them? Michigan didn't get into the penalty until a very stupid foul with about 2 minutes to go.

they had moments where they called ticky tack fouls and other stretches where they called nothing. bad calls went against both teams. just depended on when they happened.

hungry -exactly what i was thinking

abd by end even but the issue is truly consustency in calls

Yes, the inconsistency stinks and I've been banging that drum for a while

Michigan had more fouls called on them than OSU had and MIchigan was the home team. There were several times that I thought the refs were working to bring the game back closer by calling touch fouls on Michigan. All I heard from everyone from the last game with them until yesterday was how Michigan needed to be more physical to hang with Ohio State. I got so sick of hearing this. All of the experts, fans of other teams, and even the grandma down the street was repeating this line. Well, Michigan heard the message. They were more physical. They did exactly what everyone told them to. The refs took over the game in Cbus in their 15 point victory. The refs made some strange calls last night and didn't make some strange calls at other points. I think last night was pretty even though, both teams got some calls and both teams got some bad calls. The game in CBus was very slanted towards OSU. If OSU players hit open shots, then they win the game...bottomline.

Another thing, when a player flops, its not a blocking call. When a player flops, its a no call. I don't know why fans of opposing teams and Jay Bilas think that a blocking call should be called when a player flops. That's just stupid.

The refs are the single worst part of basketball and football these days, most especially basketball. A game can be so easily manipulated and calling ticky tack fouls or not calling them is the easiest way to interfere. Just ask the San Antonio Spurs. They'd get 20-30 more foul shots in some games than the opponent.

I thought last night's refs were inconsistent and all in all, pretty bad. I don't care if Craft thinks he got screwed or not, the kid ratted out a coach recruiting him and is a little bitch.

And Sullinger -- all this "he's a beast" nonsense and turns out he's pretty much a puss too.

Well, OSU players are so used to getting all of the calls that when they don't, they feel they are getting cheated.

I think the game was called poorly both ways last night. B10 refs let players get away with a lot more. But, at the end of the day, when OSU fans start to bitch, all I have to do is point to Aaron Craft. If he was playing in the ACC, or if the refs were calling it correctly, he would foul out in the first 3 minutes of every game.

Craft is a mugging machine... Both games were called terrible this year..

It got old after a short while, hearing Bilas do nothing about bitch about what should have been a call, what was ticky tack, etc. Fans who've never played can do plenty of bitching; former players are there to give us insights we'd never have having not played.

Craft's handchecks would never pass as defense in the ACC, nor would Burke's extension of his off hand when dribbling be allowed. In the B1G or Big East, that's part of the game. Tournament time is where these issues come up again. OSU could find themselves out of the dance early if they get a crew calling ticky tack fouls, or they may win the whole thing if crews allow them to do what B1G crews have allowed for most of the year.

As others have said already, as long as the calls are consistent on both teams, then there is less to complain about.

rumseyhouse77 said:
As others have said already, as long as the calls are consistent on both teams, then there is less to complain about.

This is true...... Unless your name is Jay Bilas

Back