Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OSU oversigns like an SEC team

I don't know, but they often "cut" players by claiming they're too badly injured to play, so I'm guessing no, they can't go play somewhere else.

sure they can. why not?

"oh we meant they were too injured to play Big Ten football. See, they can still play MAC football or Conference USA football. We're not, like, oversigning or anything."

UsedCarSalesman.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Urban legend.

Google articles from the NEB move to the BigTen. Dr Tom "hide the gun" Osborne wanted out from under the heavy hand of Texas and knew the BigTen didn't have any real policy in place, only an agreement.

Herb's good buddy Dick Rod came in and didn't give a shit and neither does Meyer.

But osu fans don't give a shit, either. you've been trying desperately to be SEC-like for years....

Can't beat em, join em ...and then beat em and join em that way, too.

Google articles from the NEB move to the BigTen. Dr Tom "hide the gun" Osborne wanted out from under the heavy hand of Texas and knew the BigTen didn't have any real policy in place, only an agreement.

Herb's good buddy Dick Rod came in and didn't give a shit and neither does Meyer.

But osu fans don't give a shit, either. you've been trying desperately to be SEC-like for years....

Can't beat em, join em ...and then beat em and join em that way, too.

So if JH comes in and uses the same recruiting strategy will you be upset or be ok with it if you are competing for a NC?

So if JH comes in and uses the same recruiting strategy will you be upset or be ok with it if you are competing for a NC?

Yes. Coaches that do that don't seem to "fit in" well at Michigan, see e.g. Rich Rodriguez.

Although, to be fair, there are a lot of Michigan fans that were okay with his shenanigans.

I'm sure I'd feel the same way you say you do about the situation in columbus. That said, I doubt Harbaugh would oversign the way in which Meyer is, if only because he couldn't/didn't have to in order to have success at Stanford, wheras Meyer did it at Florida because that was the M.O. for the SEC teams.

I also think it's more challenging to oversign when academics are more critically considered and there were a few recruits RR wanted that would've easily gotten on at WVU, but who M rejected.

Yes. Coaches that do that don't seem to "fit in" well at Michigan, see e.g. Rich Rodriguez.

Although, to be fair, there are a lot of Michigan fans that were okay with his shenanigans.

So you will be mad because he's doing something that is ok within the B1G but not what UM has done in the past. This seems to be UM problem the last 15 years. Your stuck in your ways.

Also I would say you've seen the same success from end of Carr and Hoke so I'm guessing it's not just Rod.

Of course we'd still hate the practice. We'd be disappointed to be a part of it. We'd just blame you guys for bringing it to the Big Ten and making it acceptable. (And we'd still be thrilled about the NC.)

Back