Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OSU tops 1st ranking..

Hopefully this, together with the phony scandal, will motivate the team to crush OSU in the Big House! GO BLUE!

They apparently weighed S.O.S. really heavily.

based on Sagarin's SOS rankings, the top 5 above would go: OSU, FSU, Wash, UM, UGA.

FWIW, in his rankings, Alabama is 3rd and has the toughest SOS of any top 10 team by far.

You know Jim and the team are going to try though.

it's a nice thought, but I'm actually more concerned about OSU's defense this year. they seem to be a bit improved.

But they said the same thing last year, and they're always statistically very good, and our OL doesn't appear to be the steamroller they were the last 2 seasons. It'll come down to whether JJ can beat them.

it's a nice thought, but I'm actually more concerned about OSU's defense this year. they seem to be a bit improved.

But they said the same thing last year, and they're always statistically very good, and our OL doesn't appear to be the steamroller they were the last 2 seasons. It'll come down to whether JJ can beat them.

Meh. I'm not sold on their defense yet. I do think they're better but that's a pretty low bar. I agree the line isn't as good but JJ beat them last year and he's significantly better this year.

As far as the rankings, I'm not surprised they're at 1. They have the best strength of record in the country. I think their quality wins are overrated. It also took multiple significant gaffes from ND for them to win that game. So while I agree they have the best resume I think there's some smoke and mirrors and I don't think they'll be able to cover for McCord when they play Michigan.

Back