Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT: beer choices

jever4321

I'm a creature of habit so I usually tend to not stray too far from my normal choice of beer. I do love the different flavors that different types of beer offer but I tend to gravitate to typical lager style like Becks or Heineken, and the fridge usually has a pilsner like coors light or miller lite.

I was at a convenience store today that had what seemed to me to be a pretty obscure collection of beer that were being sold as individual bottles. Prices varied, but they averaged around $4 per bottle. Some names were funny (I think one was called "horny goat"?) some bottles were interesting, but I was kinda overwhelmed with all of it. How the hell do you chose? I guess I could just roll the dice and just grab a couple and see if they were any good. I think I may just make it a point to try something new every so often. Anyone else interested? Grab something obscure and post feedback here? Michmicros this should be right up your alley.

BURRRP!!

Picked up some Budweiser Black Crown. Guy at the store asked me what I was in the mood for and offered up this new lager at the fine price of 11 bucks for a 12. I was getting some sam adams and he talked me into trying it. The was price was 14 so I said what the hell. If it sucks , not a problem, its still beer and still 6%

Nope, Its always better to start a new thread so as to not weed through the old shit. Lets start new, its a new year and people have new tastes. Christ, I started drinking merlot a month ago. Good primer before the fun begins.

Last edited:
I'm trying something new. The beer recipes I've brewed in the past have had a lot of ingredients; several types of grains, several types of hops. Right now I'm brewing a very simple IPA and all the hops are just 1 type. I figure this will be a better way for me to learn what I'm doing. Probably another week until it's ready.

I drink all different kinds of beer. I'm going to grab something new for Sunday and I'll post my thoughts in this thread.

Also, hops are $2-4 per oz in 1 oz bags, $1-1.50/oz in 1 lb bags. At some point this year, I want to put a pound of hops in a 5 gallon batch of beer. My last 3 batches weren't very hoppy, so I'm thinking of doing some really hoppy stuff to mix it up.

Beer is one thing I am a complete snob about... I hate domestic beer for the most part. If I have any domestics I tend to stay with Sam Adams. I like Molson Canadian and XXX for cheap imports. But, there are soooo many good beers out there. I do that (buying single bottles of different kinds of beer) quite often. It is a great way to find incredible beer. A lot of times you will find that with those single bottles comes a huge amount of alcohol content. I will have to think of some and post them...

Beer is one thing I am a complete snob about... I hate domestic beer for the most part. If I have any domestics I tend to stay with Sam Adams. I like Molson Canadian and XXX for cheap imports. But, there are soooo many good beers out there. I do that (buying single bottles of different kinds of beer) quite often. It is a great way to find incredible beer. A lot of times you will find that with those single bottles comes a huge amount of alcohol content. I will have to think of some and post them...

You're a beer snob that likes Samuel Adams and Molsen... :hehe:

I stick with Coors Light or Guinness, but I do like red wine.

Last edited:
Has anyone else had the Costco beer? Kirkland? There's 4 different 6-packs for $18. It's really good for the price.
kirkland.jpg

edit: if I introduce anyone to the Kirkland beer, this will be my most useful post in a long time.

Last edited:
I want to hop on a plane and go to founders.

I wanted to try something new this weekend and instead I'm now thinking about Founders. I'll probably end up in the liquor store looking for something new and just mindlessly gravitate over to some Breakfast Stout. Girlfriend will be like "I thought you were trying something new this weekend?" I'll respond: "Me like Breakfast Stout. Me no like change. (beat my chest like a gorilla)."

Last edited:
Back