Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT: Best game you've attended

Easy--1969, Bo's first year. in 1968 OSU rolled up fifty on a good Michigan team, OSU was ranked number 1 and hadn't lost a game in two years. I have never before or since seen a team act so arrogant in warm-ups as OSU:

Michigan 24
Ohio 12

mgeezer said:
Easy--1969, Bo's first year. in 1968 OSU rolled up fifty on a good Michigan team, OSU was ranked number 1 and hadn't lost a game in two years. I have never before or since seen a team act so arrogant in warm-ups as OSU:

Michigan 24
Ohio 12

+1

MICHDAD1 said:
mgeezer said:

Michigan 24
Ohio 12

+1

Ah, piss rats, my first Ohio* game at the Big House was the next one, in '71...

Missed it by that much!!!

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]
MICHDAD1 said:

Ah, piss rats, my first Ohio* game at the Big House was the next one, in '71...

Missed it by that much!!!

love the last line reference.

shall we have discussion in the cone of silence

2002: Washington v. UM (Brabbs' last second fg)
2005: PSU v. UM (Super Mario)
2007: Captial One Game (Lloyd's Last Stand)
2011: ND v. UM (under the lights)

2003 - Ohio* @ Michigan
2002 - Washington @ Michigan
2006 - Michigan @ ND

2010-11 bball - MSU @ Michigan "Get the fuck off my court"

2004 NBA Finals, game 3 - LAL @ DET

2006 ALDS game 3 - NYY @ DET

1997 WCF game 4 - COL @ DET

2011 UTL (Naturally)
2008 Wisconsin vs Michigan (Biggest comeback in Big House history)
2011 Bears vs Lions MNF (Crowd noise was unbelievable. Ears hurt the next day and my voice was straight shot)
2005 Celtics vs Pistons (Just a regular season game but my buddy and I were hammered 2nd row off the floor at midcourt and the Pistons were losing...they promptly scored 40+ points in the 4th quarter and blew out the Celtics)
2011 Indians vs Tigers (Verlander took a perfect game into the 8th inning - 12 Ks Complete game 1 hit shutout)
2009 ND vs Michigan (I'm cheating here because I didn't really attend the game but tailgated all morning on the golf course then setup an HD TV to watch the game. Being so close and hearing that crowd noise from right across the street, the atmosphere was as if I was actually at the game.)

MichiganMicros313 said:
2011 Indians vs Tigers (Verlander took a perfect game into the 8th inning - 12 Ks Complete game 1 hit shutout)

I was there, hell of a performance

MichChamp02 said:
is there anyone here who has only attended bad games?

Listed my good ones earlier, but I was at App St, the 05 Minnesota loss, and the first round big ten tournament loss in 05-06 vs Minnesota which knocked them out of the NCAA.

All terrible to some degree.

2004 UM-MSU 3OT craziness. God, it was cold and windy that day.

MichChamp02 said:

Well, I was at the 2008 UM-Toledo debacle. I was on the side where Lopata missed the FG that would've tied the game, but from where I was sitting, I thought he'd made it. I was cheering until I realized that the other people I heard cheering were UT fans.

DR said:
MichChamp02 said:

Listed my good ones earlier, but I was at App St, the 05 Minnesota loss, and the first round big ten tournament loss in 05-06 vs Minnesota which knocked them out of the NCAA.

All terrible to some degree.

This year, ND & ohio were high points for sure, and paybacks for some of the awful sights I've had to behold.

I realized after my 1st post that for me, there have been more lows than highs in the Big House... although, as a Michigan fan, by and large I have a winning record there, it's just that under the Carr years, we only remembered the losses.

My worst:

1998 - first home game as a student, McNabb & the Orangemen tore us apart.

1999 - home loss to unranked Illinois in cold, wet conditions. Cost us a trip to the Rose Bowl... we finished with only two losses all season & beat Alabama in the BCS. Would've been 7-1 in conference and held tie-breaker against UW.

2001 - last home game as a student, Tressel and the 5-5 Buckeyes came in and beat us amidst 4 John Navarre 1st half INTs. I remember after the game, their fans ran out on the field and unfurled this huge ohio banner... worse was to come.

2002 - random awful 34-9 home loss to Iowa.

2005 - I went to two games: ND & ohio. Both losses...

2007 - 14-3 loss to ohio.

YUCK.

Wow, those are some brutal games.

The Syracuse loss had to be amazingly deflating. I remember being very depressed after that Illinois loss. The 34-9 loss to Iowa was especially demoralizing too.

to be fair... I went to most home games through the '98-'02 seasons; 4 years of undergrad + the year after when my gf at the time was still on campus. for every bad home loss, there were 2 easy wins, and maybe another close win. We never really remember those though...

MichChamp02 said:
i was at the Syracuse game when Donovan McNabb gutted us at home. That sucked. As well as the 2009 Ohio* game. That one sucked too.

1992 - MICHIGAN at Ohio* - 13-13 Tie

It was a Tie, so that sucked. But we did run around High Street and cause a fair amount of trouble. We stole the keg at a house party and wound up dropping it in the yard after the host figured it out and a buddy of mine took a big dookie on some sorority house's front steps after they'd earlier serenated us with their version of The Victors.

Almost got in a fight at Subway at about 2am and all in all, had a buckeye-like night.

Back