Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT This Just In:

I still think Peyton is in a league of his own.

You put Peyton on that '08 Lions team and I doubt they are even close to winless.

Romneybot said:
I still think Peyton is in a league of his own.

You put Peyton on that '08 Lions team and I doubt they are even close to winless.

I look at between the two which team would suffer the most. Peyton gone, the team might not win 4 games.

You may be able to say the same hting about Kevin Kolb this year.

Beez said:

You have a higher opinion of Kolb than I do. Better than what Arizona had last year, no doubt. But 63m worthy, not even close. If you give last years QB a 1 and Kurt Warner a 100, I'd give Kolb a 47.

jared said:
Brady = Montana Peyton = Elway or Marino Rodgers = Montana early in his career.

I don't see how anyone calls Brady overrated. IMO, it's just being a hater unless you root for a rival. Then it's perfectly understandable.

You cant be over rated when you have all those rings to show for it. Hes #1 based on that alone imo. You can have fluke years like the dilfers of the world that ride a great D to the superbowl. But several rings cant be a fluke or a system. Bledsoe wasnt having a great year the year Brady replaced him....and he was thought of as an above avg qb.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
Beez said:

You have a higher opinion of Kolb than I do. Better than what Arizona had last year, no doubt. But 63m worthy, not even close. If you give last years QB a 1 and Kurt Warner a 100, I'd give Kolb a 47.

I agree, I wouldnt have given him that either but I still think Kolb is probably worth 4 wins to that AZ team. That not necessarily a credit to him as much as a discredit to their qb talent of last year. That was the point I was trying to make is that Kolb isnt all that good so the fact that he could potentially provide the most impact on a teams win/loss record makes the arguement of taking Manning off his team hold less water. I dont discredit what you said about Mannig but I just think if you take anyones star off their team, the team is usually in trouble unless they have a viable back up. bradys back up happened to be an NFL starter which he is showing now.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
Beez said:

Ya im not a big Kolb fan. Still dont exactly know why he was getting all that hype.

7 starts and 63m. And experts say he had a lot of pressure. He just got 63m, lol.

Robbery lol. I dont know how you could see a for sure franchise starting calibur qb from the starts hes had. And with this new CBA id be more apt to grab one in the draft and pay him peanuts for 4 years.

Texans saw it in Shaub...I'm not a huge Shaub guy but he's still a solid qb.

Back