Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT U-M President Smashed for Halftime Speech

So you are calling her a liar. Very Spartanious of you.

What's wrong with calling a person who insults everyone's intelligence (except for the hopelessly gullible) with the dumbest, most patronizing lie since Bill Clinton's "I did not have sex with that woman", a liar? No need to mince words here - I don't believe her, I think she is lying and therefore she is a liar. Of course, she can't admit she was wasted - look what they did to Moeller and he wasn't conducting school business or even in the State for that matter. She has to lie to save face and possibly her job. Of course she hasn't lost to OSU 5 or 6 teams so maybe she would get a second chance...

What's wrong with calling a person who insults everyone's intelligence (except for the hopelessly gullible) with the dumbest, most patronizing lie since Bill Clinton's "I did not have sex with that woman", a liar? No need to mince words here - I don't believe her, I think she is lying and therefore she is a liar. Of course, she can't admit she was wasted - look what they did to Moeller and he wasn't conducting school business or even in the State for that matter. She has to lie to save face and possibly her job. Of course she hasn't lost to OSU 5 or 6 teams so maybe she would get a second chance...

So Brandon is also lying, the PR department is lying and Coleman is lying. And no one who was with Coleman that day has stepped forward yet to contest the official response. The scores of other people who saw her at all the "multiple campus events" apparently are complicit in the lie as well, because they must have seen her drinking or at least recognized her inebriation and are standing mute to protect her. Just getting the story straight here.

i listened to the audio... sure she sounded strange, but as a person who has heard former Chicago Mayor Daley speak on several occasions, I know what a hammered public speaker sounds like, and she did not sound hammered.

if anything, it sounded like she had a stroke that morning. that along with a lack of any similar incident in her career, seems to support the statement that she was unfamiliar with the echo in Michigan Stadium.

If she was honestly slurring her speech and/or laughing, then I would doubt her statement.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Brandon is also lying, the PR department is lying and Coleman is lying. And no one who was with Coleman that day has stepped forward yet to contest the official response. The scores of other people who saw her at all the "multiple campus events" apparently are complicit in the lie as well, because they must have seen her drinking or at least recognized her inebriation and are standing mute to protect her. Just getting the story straight here.

Look, I really don't give a crap about this. But I do think she's lying - maybe she didn't have a drink in her hand all day so those attending the "multiple campus events" never saw her drink. And if she wasn't supposed to speak as one poster indicated, maybe she tipped a few at a small, private function and it really only takes a few people to go along with her story. Or maybe she knew she was speaking and she just messed up and had one too many. This is more likely to happen to someone who is not a heavy drinker than someone who is...

By the way, is the PR department really going to go against the company line here? Is that so shocking? Citing the PR department is perhaps the weakest defense of all. That's like saying Hils is telling the truth about Benghazi because the State Department, that she runs (or ran, at the time) says she is.

Last edited:
I don't know if she's lying or what the whole deal is but it looks bad. the majority of people will watch this video and laugh and make their own assumptions based on her speech, never mind her explanation.

as for lying, of course people lie to cover up mistakes. i'm not saying she drank and i don't particularly care that much if she did but don't act like people don't lie to cover up embarrassing behavior

Look, I really don't give a crap about this. But I do think she's lying - maybe she didn't have a drink in her hand all day so those attending the "multiple campus events" never saw her drink. And if she wasn't supposed to speak as one poster indicated, maybe she tipped a few at a small, private function and it really only takes a few people to go along with her story. Or maybe she knew she was speaking and she just messed up and had one too many. This is more likely to happen to someone who is not a heavy drinker than someone who is...

By the way, is the PR department really going to go against the company line here? Is that so shocking? Citing the PR department is perhaps the weakest defense of all. That's like saying Hils is telling the truth about Benghazi because the State Department, that she runs (or ran, at the time) says she is.

I recognize that universities are a slight notch above government in the credibility department, but the notion that Coleman would even consider the idea of appearing before the world in even a "tipsy" state, with all the PC nonsense that colleges champion these days, is another reason why I believe she was not drunk.

If she was intoxicated, she certainly would not admit it. Nor would the University. Nor would her inner circle of friends and colleagues that were in attendance with her at the events she hosted and participated in that day.

This isn't an MSU driven story. It's on all the local media. Spartan fans are surely enjoying a little moment of schadenfreude over it though, just as UofM fans get a kick out of when the Orville Redenbacher lookalike down in Columbus says stupid stuff.

In the end, who cares? She would not be the first to enjoy a college football Saturday with some adult beverages.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I recognize that universities are a slight notch above government in the credibility department, but the notion that Coleman would even consider the idea of appearing before the world in even a "tipsy" state, with all the PC nonsense that colleges champion these days, is another reason why I believe she was not drunk.

So are you suggesting that it is merely impossible that she was a little tipsy simply due to the climate of PC nonsense on college campuses?

Intelligent people show poor judgement on a fairly regular basis. It happens. It may have happened here. But if it did, the climate of PC nonsense on college campuses would certainly apply some pressure to deny it.

Back