Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT: Verlander wins MVP

I mean, I'm happy that he won it... and he had an amazing season - but I personally don't think Pitchers should be considered.

Not because it's not possible for a pitcher to be the best player in the league, and I don't really care for the "Every 5th day..." arguement...

I just think Cy Young = MVP for Pitchers

Good for JV though. He had a helluva year.

I think they should have a chance if there is no clear dominate pos. player. Which IMO there wasnt.

The Mad Bomber said:
I mean, I'm happy that he won it... and he had an amazing season - but I personally don't think Pitchers should be considered.

Not because it's not possible for a pitcher to be the best player in the league, and I don't really care for the "Every 5th day..." arguement...

Shut up and stop talking in circles, you putz.

tonyballs said:
The Mad Bomber said:

Who told you to let go of Slick's ball sack? Back in the taint shit licker

The Mad Bomber said:
tonyballs said:

Tony's his own man , he'll slap the white off ya quicker then i would.

SLICK said:
The Mad Bomber said:

Tony's his own man , he'll slap the white off ya quicker then i would.

So far all I've seen is him riding your coat tails

seriously though...Verlander deserved it....only other guy I thought worthy was Bautisita.

Ellsbury....meh

Granderson...meh

Sure, I can dig that. That's why he won. He was the best player.

Not sure you can really say any other 1 player in the AL did as much for their team individually as JV did.

I dunno. Even Leyland said he thinks Cy Young is the MVP for pitchers. Lotta people argued the hell out of that on both sides for months.

Back