Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other Games Week 12

Terrible read by ucla qb. He never saw the guy. I would have ran the qb draw

Lincoln Riley sure can coach offense. Man I saw some shit defensive although usc did get turnovers.

Given the results of this week's games the top 4 rankings should stay the same. TN is out after the drubbing they took from SC State. TCU has Iowa State next week. Iowa State is at the bottom of the Big 12. Georgia has Georgia Tech. Should be an easy win for Georgia. Then they play LSU for the SEC championship, which is played in Atlanta. Michigan plays OSU next Saturday in Columbus. This is probably the toughest game remaining for the top 4. If it is a close game, will the 11-1 loser remain in the top 4?

You know it?s changing in a year or two anyway.
There wouldn?t be maybe only 1 three lose team to make it. Maybe

This year so far
11-0 Georgia
11-0 Osu
11-0 Michigan
11-0 TCU
10-1 usc

Lsu 10-2
Alabama 10-2
Tennessee 10-2

No three loss team would make it.

What if a B10 West team wins the championship game. A 4 loss team would get in this year and UM or OSU would be out.

What if a B10 West team wins the championship game. A 4 loss team would get in this year and UM or OSU would be out.

Conference champ isn't an auto qualifier. I'd bet that the winner of um/osu is in regardless of if they get upset in the championship game.

Conference champ isn't an auto qualifier. I'd bet that the winner of um/osu is in regardless of if they get upset in the championship game.

he was talking about a 12 team playoff. I would assume that they make the conference champs auto qualifiers.

I'm glad Tennessee lost, and lost the way they did. Fraudulent team.

I think we should only see one SEC team in the crappy playoff, and that's Georgia.

I'm glad Tennessee lost, and lost the way they did. Fraudulent team.

I think we should only see one SEC team in the crappy playoff, and that's Georgia.

If lsu beats Georgia they have a good case. Wins over Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia in a 6 game stretch.

Of all years, this is the worst year to have 2 big ten teams in position to get in. 11 of the 14 conference teams are awful

USC plays ND in the Coliseum next Saturday. USC has won the PAC 12 regular season. I think the PAC 12 will have a playoff this year. So, if they beat ND and win the PAC 12, they will have an argument to be in the playoff. They would be 12-1, and they are a legacy program in college football so their being in the playoff would attract attention. I can see some on the committee giving them favorable consideration. Especially after beating other legacy programs like ND and UCLA (no matter the records). The loser of The Game will be 11-1. If it is OSU, I would expect the committee to give favorable consideration (see 2016) for being ranked in the top 3 all season. If it is Michigan, probably not. It will be the Rose Bowl vs the 2nd place team in the PAC 12.

Last edited:
Given the results of this week's games the top 4 rankings should stay the same. TN is out after the drubbing they took from SC State. TCU has Iowa State next week. Iowa State is at the bottom of the Big 12. Georgia has Georgia Tech. Should be an easy win for Georgia. Then they play LSU for the SEC championship, which is played in Atlanta. Michigan plays OSU next Saturday in Columbus. This is probably the toughest game remaining for the top 4. If it is a close game, will the 11-1 loser remain in the top 4?

Probably not.

If USC wins the Pac 12 championship game on Dec 2, against the winner of Oregon/Oregon State, they?re probably in.

If USC loses, the one loss loser of M v OSU might back in.

Who knows?

A lot of football yet to be played.

Like last season, I am more confident that our Wolverines can beat the buckeyes than most on this board.

True, on a bad day our guys didn?t look like world leaders yesterday, but guess who else didn?t look world beaters yesterday?

The buckeyes didn?t look like world beaters yesterday.

Last edited:
Probably not.

If USC wins the Pac 12 championship game on Dec 2, against the winner of Oregon/Oregon State, they?re probably in.

If USC loses, the one loss loser of M v OSU might back in.

Who knows?

A lot of football yet to be played.

Like last season, I am more confident that our Wolverines can beat the buckeyes than most on this board.

True, on a bad day our guys didn?t look like world leaders yesterday, but guess who else didn?t look world beaters yesterday?

The buckeyes didn?t look like world beaters yesterday.

I don't see USC passing a 1 loss UM-OSU .

Tinsel, I wish I had your confidence. The defense this year feels an awful lot like the Don Brown defenses. Excellent against shitty offenses but don't belong on the same field as the OSU offense. I do think that Michigan is a much more physical team but I do not have faith in our corners against their receivers and I do not expect to see nearly enough pressure on Stroud to get him off his game.

I'd feel a lot better if our receivers weren't dropping multiple passes a game. I'd feel better if Corum, Edwards, Schoonmaker & Morris were fully healthy. I'd feel better if the red zone issues weren't a thing. I'd feel better if the defense actually forced turnovers (currently tied for 4th fewest turnovers gained in the country with 11). I'd feel better if we saw this team actually generate a pass rush. I'd feel better if this game wasn't in Columbus, where home-cooking officiating is the rule in this game.

Also, the only 2 loss team that I see as having a shot still is LSU. I think if UGA wins out and NDSucks beats USC then the loser of OSU-UM is still in the playoff.

Back