Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other Games week 3

biggunsbob

Sure didn?t take Carolina long to turn it around. I didn?t think they were this good, and the Lions are still multiple years away. Valenti from 97.1 was right. We should trade Decker and Hockenson for more #1 and #2 picks. By the time we even sniff a winning a record T.J will probably be off his rookie deal and will get paid. Decker is not needed. Trade him before he gets hurt again. Fords are so clueless.

Last edited:
I guess Jones has some growing pains do experience in his first year. Patriots have Tampa Bay next week I think.

Don?t care. 26th or 32?..makes little difference.

If I have a favorite player?..he?s it. Rooting for him.

gotcha.

I've never been a fan of his...but I really don't have many "favorite players"

He has pissed me off this year. I have Woods as one of my fantasy WRs and he doesn't seem to look his way very often.

Just shows you how bad the Fords are at running a football team and hiring the right coaches. Fords are totally inept and the reason the Lions never are taking seriously by the Nfl and other teams.

Last edited:
Packers verses 49ers

I am positive all these close non-pass interference calls again would be called against Detroit. Man 49ers are why more Golden the the Packers. San Francisco is getting a lot of calls going their way.

Great design play. Use kittle as decoy and throw to a darn fullback out of the backfield .

AR has 37 seconds. 25 yard line.

Prevent defense always loses. Only a 51 yard fg.

Packers win. Man I hate both these teams. Hope they both choke in the playoffs f the make it.

Last edited:
Prevent defense always loses. Only a 51 yard fg.

Packers win. Man I hate both these teams. Hope they both choke in the playoffs f the make it.

I'm 42 and a big football fan. Watch more football than I probably should and consider myself an X's and O's guy.

I have NEVER understood the prevent defense. Not in todays game of precision passing. It makes NO sense. Guys like Rodgers can throw a back should sideline route for a 20 yard gain in their sleep when you don't pressure the passer or the WR.

I understand not blitzing 6 or 7.....because you can get burned. But Hughes made a good point yesterday.....our pass rush was fired up and getting really good pressure with a four man rush. Taking a TO....taking away your own teams momentum .....and then bringing 3 guys on 4th and 18 seems VERY counter productive. ALL the pressure was on Jackson to get his team up and set for the 4th down play.....and taking the TO took that away. Rushing 3 then took away all the pressure during the 4th down play and we had Harris SINGLE COVERING Sammy Watkins. LOL. Giving Jackson 5 seconds for Watkins to shake free is a gimme 1st down.

It goes against almost EVERYTHING you try to do during a game. Pressure the QB.....make him have to make quick decisions and try to force bad throws.

I'm 42 and a big football fan. Watch more football than I probably should and consider myself an X's and O's guy.

I have NEVER understood the prevent defense. Not in todays game of precision passing. It makes NO sense. Guys like Rodgers can throw a back should sideline route for a 20 yard gain in their sleep when you don't pressure the passer or the WR.

I understand not blitzing 6 or 7.....because you can get burned. But Hughes made a good point yesterday.....our pass rush was fired up and getting really good pressure with a four man rush. Taking a TO....taking away your own teams momentum .....and then bringing 3 guys on 4th and 18 seems VERY counter productive. ALL the pressure was on Jackson to get his team up and set for the 4th down play.....and taking the TO took that away. Rushing 3 then took away all the pressure during the 4th down play and we had Harris SINGLE COVERING Sammy Watkins. LOL. Giving Jackson 5 seconds for Watkins to shake free is a gimme 1st down.

It goes against almost EVERYTHING you try to do during a game. Pressure the QB.....make him have to make quick decisions and try to force bad throws.

I agree I am always rushing at least 4 or 5 if I was a coordinator every time.

I agree I am always rushing at least 4 or 5 if I was a coordinator every time.

Against Jackson I'm rushing 4 DE's. I want athletes rushing Lamar Jackson, not 300lb DT's who are completely useless if and when he gets outside the pocket.....then I'm using my most athletic defender (LB/S/CB) as a spy against Lamar and playing a modified zone with the other 6 defenders. 4 guys playing WRs at the 13-18 yard mark and the other 2 guys watching for over the top throws.

It keeps everyones eyes facing forward toward Jackson if he does run.

That's just me.

Back