Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other Games Week 5

even in three weeks it won't be real football, and the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if the Big Ten and PAC12 call it off again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only good game today was TCU beating Texas. Texas fumbled at the 1 yd line with a little over 2min left in game.

even in three weeks it won't be real football, and the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if the Big Ten and PAC12 call it off again.

For the reasons they chose to resume, I seriously doubt they would call it off.

There haven?t been a lot of significant problems in the season so far that have commence now in week five.

What can I tell you, if a person doesn?t want to watch it they don?t have to. I?m looking forward to it.

I guess I?m a glass is half full kind of guy.

Except my glass is generally a mickys grenade and it?s half full of malt liquor.

It’s just hard to get excited about football right now. Weirdly I like watching premier league soccer better then college football right now and they hardly score any goals lol.

I do like watching high school football when I can find the game I want to watch.

I watched the BYU game Friday night against Louisiana Tech. BYU QB Zach Wilson is the total package. Kid can throw anywhere on the field and drop dimes consistently, also has really quick burst through the line. Their receiver George Romney is an Adam Theilen(Minnesota Vikings)clone. He's fast and can go up and get the ball. I have no stake in BYU, but these guys are fun to watch and will play on Sundays. They have 3 tough games on the schedule, SDSU, Boise St, and Houston. It looks like the Army game hasn't been rescheduled. I can see these guys going undefeated with nowhere to go at the end of the season.

It?s just hard to get excited about football right now. Weirdly I like watching premier league soccer better then college football right now and they hardly score any goals lol.

I'm struggling feeling connected to the season. Normally you watch your team with anxiety and then you watch other games for the impact on the rankings/standings/season. With Michigan not playing for another 3 weeks, watching games and their outcomes has just been kinda....meh. It's fun to see football but I haven't had the excitement of watching a team lose, knowing how it will impact Michigan.

I'm struggling feeling connected to the season. Normally you watch your team with anxiety and then you watch other games for the impact on the rankings/standings/season. With Michigan not playing for another 3 weeks, watching games and their outcomes has just been kinda....meh. It's fun to see football but I haven't had the excitement of watching a team lose, knowing how it will impact Michigan.

Oklahoma lost and Texas lost. That?s kinda Bitchin.?

It was cool and all but it really didn't have the same feeling as if Michigan were playing the same day and it mean jumping one, or both, in the rankings.

Well Michigan jumped both in the rankings without playing and given the schedule this year that's probably not likely to happen once they start playing. Silver linings man.

I get what you are saying though. Other games are fun but they don't keep my interest nearly as much as previous years. It's just difficult to watch most college games if there's no emotional investment. Especially those SEC "classics" that end up being a 9-6 final.

Well Michigan jumped both in the rankings without playing and given the schedule this year that's probably not likely to happen once they start playing. Silver linings man.

I get what you are saying though. Other games are fun but they don't keep my interest nearly as much as previous years. It's just difficult to watch most college games if there's no emotional investment. Especially those SEC "classics" that end up being a 9-6 final.

I think the empty stadiums play into it as well. It's weird seeing CFB with no stadium emotion. No crushed fans. No loud bursts of cheering when something great happens. No massive fan noise on major downs. I feel like we're going to see a lot of Michigan games this year that feel like watching Michigan vs Rutgers most years.

Last edited:
Back