Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other Games Week 5

tinselwolverine

There was a time when B1G fans would pay attention to the evolving iterations of the Pacific Conference.

Perhaps some still do.

I do because I live here; but I also did growing up in Ann Arbor - who knows? Maybe I would anyway.

But I digress.

So week 5 starts with a few pre-Saturday games, including two 4-0 Pacific teams, UCLA v #15 Washington at the Rose Bowl.

UCLA wins 40-32, led by a familiar name, Zack Charbonet.

UCLA goes to 5-0, should be expected to be ranked next week.

The significance of this or lack thereof will be determined as the season goes along.

So, does Michigan get partial credit for the UCLA win?

I don?t think so.

I forget where Cade transferred from, but wherever it was, I don?t want to share our teams conference championship from last year.

EDIT: My bad, Cade didn?t transfer from anywhere. I guess I got him mixed up with someone else.

Last edited:
Minnesota womps MSU in their own "woodshed" then goes home and puts up only 10 pts in a loss to Purdue.

Another data point supporting the argument that MSU is not a good football team.

Last edited by a moderator:
?Bama v Arkansas kinda a historic rivalry, ain?t it?

Any mid 1st, Bama TD.

Damn.

After a bit of a closer than expected call against division challenge in Maryland last week, I said ?our guys did what we have to do. Now Maryland is the buckeyes and Penn State and the Spartans problem.?

It?s early and the Spartans have plenty of time, but today it looks like Maryland is the Spartans problem.

Damn.

After a bit of a closer than expected call against division challenge in Maryland last week, I said ?our guys did what we have to do. Now Maryland is the buckeyes and Penn State and the Spartans problem.?

It?s early and the Spartans have plenty of time, but today it looks like Maryland is the Spartans problem.

The Spartans are the Spartans problem

why did Tucker go for two with the score 14-13 in the 2nd Q?

He didn't, it was a bad snap that went directly to the tiny kicker. The kid nearly shit himself

Wife and I both started dozing off watching Peter Dinklage as Cyrano.

I guess he can be a little boring.

Why sleep through a good movie, right?

Turned on the Spartans game instead.

Damn - the electoral college math projects it?s better for Michigan if the Spartans win - who would?o thunk?

UGA beats a bad Mizzou team 26-22. Oklahoma loses to TCU 55-24. Penn State beats a bad, bad Northwestern team 17-7 in Happy Valley.

Moral of the story: Be happy with the wins the last 2 weeks.

Late hit on a faked punt in Rutgers-OSU game. OSU up 49-10. Takes some big balls to lay a late hit out-of-bounds on a player right in front of the opposing team's bench. Minor scuffle ensued. Schiano and Day get in a shouting match. Both should be suspended for a few games if not the entire season. That kind of behavior shouldn't be tolerated. If this was Michigan it would have turned into a brawl! A message needs to be sent to these two coaches and the rest of the league.

Late hit on a faked punt in Rutgers-OSU game. OSU up 49-10. Takes some big balls to lay a late hit out-of-bounds on a player right in front of the opposing team's bench. Minor scuffle ensued. Schiano and Day get in a shouting match. Both should be suspended for a few games if not the entire season. That kind of behavior shouldn't be tolerated. If this was Michigan it would have turned into a brawl! A message needs to be sent to these two coaches and the rest of the league.

I saw a little bit about it but I have no clue what it was about. I know it started with the late hit but no idea why the coaches were going at each other.

I just saw a story saying that the OSU kicker said "We aint call no fake". It seems pretty clear that OSU has no academic standards for its players.

I just saw a story saying that the OSU kicker said "We aint call no fake". It seems pretty clear that OSU has no academic standards for its players.

the write-up I read yesterday said Day denied he called the fake punt, and the punter just decided to run with it on his own.

they were up 42-7 or something, late when it happened.

It's an ugly situation. If true, makes you wonder if Day can control his players.

the write-up I read yesterday said Day denied he called the fake punt, and the punter just decided to run with it on his own.

they were up 42-7 or something, late when it happened.

It's an ugly situation. If true, makes you wonder if Day can control his players.

Punters have that luxury to make a decision if they see it's wide open. It's happened for Michigan a few times. However, I do think it's the responsibility of the HC/special teams coach to tell the punter "don't do that when you're up 5 scores late in the 4th".

Dude had plenty of time to get the kick off. It was called. Day even apologized to Schiano after the game and it sounded guilty as fuck. Schiano's face and body language said it all. He was still pissed, cuz he knew Day wasn't being genuine. The hit was fucking warranted and it was awesome. Every day all day. The guy for Rutgers knew exactly what he was doing. And yes, it took balls in front of the bench. He is a hero to his teammates today, though, you wont hear it from the players in public.

Back