Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Packers Hall of Famer, Willie Davis dies at 85

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
RIP.

The force fumble of a Unitas was called the million dollar fumble. I learned that just today.
Man I hate the Packers. But they were so good in the 1960’s. New England before They were New England.
I also didn’t know he played 2 years in Cleveland before he was traded to Green Bay and he played both ways for the Browns and opened holes for Jim Brown.

https://youtu.be/dW1FHbDfgF8

Last edited:
The 60's Packers smoke the 2000's Patriots.

I agree but the Patriots have done it for 2 decades in a row. Packers only did it from 1960 to 1967 Packers stunk for 20+ years after that only making 2 payoff appearances between 1968-1992. But alas the Lions could never really take advantage because of it wasn’t the Packers it was the Vikings. Then the Bears sigh.

At Least the Lions had the 1950’s !

Last edited:
I agree but the Patriots have done it for 2 decades in a row. Packers only did it from 1960 to 1967 Packers stunk for 20+ years after that only making 2 payoff appearances between 1968-1992. But alas the Lions could never really take advantage because of it wasn?t the Packers it was the Vikings. Then the Bears sigh.

At Least the Lions had the 1950?s !

Regardless, one team was better than the other.

It's always so difficult to compare teams from two different eras. I almost always favor the more recent era if the timeframe is significant due to athletes being so much bigger and faster today. In the case of GB in the 60's and NE today, I give the advantage to NE since it's almost 50 years ago.

It's always so difficult to compare teams from two different eras. I almost always favor the more recent era if the timeframe is significant due to athletes being so much bigger and faster today. In the case of GB in the 60's and NE today, I give the advantage to NE since it's almost 50 years ago.

It is hard. Really unfair. As for your other point, today's player beamed back in time 50 years ago would be smaller and slower. And guys like Willie Davis in 2020 would be bigger and faster. People always use the bigger and faster thing but it really makes no sense.

Its like saying Matt Stafford, our average buffoon, is better than Dan Fouts and Dan Marino or Farve. Back then passer ratings aren't the same as now. INT were more prevalent.

Last edited:
It is hard. Really unfair. As for your other point, today's player beamed back in time 50 years ago would be smaller and slower. And guys like Willie Davis in 2020 would be bigger and faster. People always use the bigger and faster thing but it really makes no sense.

Its like saying Matt Stafford, our average buffoon, is better than Dan Fouts and Dan Marino or Farve. Back then passer ratings aren't the same as now. INT were more prevalent.

I think for QBs it is more about the rule changes than anything else.

As far as the athletic ability of players there is no doubt that players today are faster and stronger than athletes in the past. The facts are the facts. You can't take them away.

Back