Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Packers vs Lions Predictions

interesting stat is the opp passer rating against us is only 69.0. Much lower than i thought itd be at this point in the season.

mhughes0021 said:
interesting stat is the opp passer rating against us is only 69.0. Much lower than i thought itd be at this point in the season.

To be fair they haven't faced anyone that would be considered top tier yet either.

Mediocre to bad: Cassell, McNabb, Tebow, Newton
Decent or good but not great: Alex Smith (might be a stretch but he's played well enough this season), Cutler x2, Freeman, Romo, Ryan

The rest of the season should give a better indication of how much they can limit an opposing QB with Rodgers x2, Brees, and Rivers coming up.

This is a tuffy. Good news: The O-Line probably played their best game ever yesterday. KSmith looks like he has a new focus. Stafford appears to have adjusted to throwing with the glove. The Packers could possibly be without Starks but Grant is no pushover either. Bad news: the defense seems to be taking a step backwards at the wrong time. Sure they got a few picks but the run defense was, as usual, atrocious. Special teams better get their crap together because Randall Cobb looks like he has the potential to be another Hester. Overall the D needs to improve big time cuz obviously, Rodgers ain't Cam Newton. Another performance like that and they could easily put a 50-spot on us. I think they'll work it out though. I have six letters for the Ford Field crowd. B-E L-O-U-D. I don't really think they Pack have face a raucous crowd on the road yet. It might be just the thing to finally throw them off their game. I'm gonna say 35-32 Lions...I hope so cuz my in-laws will be over for Thanksgiving Dinner and they're ALL GB fan...I would rather not have to start drinking before noon...

I think we match up well. I think the Packers are just the type of offense that Martin Mayhew drafted and traded for to stop. I think our Wide-9 defense is exactly what you need to keep Aaron Rodgers contained, and let our big DT's provide disruptive pressure up the middle....

That said:

I think the Packers are a special team. Aaron Rodgers is clearly the best QB in the NFL right now, and I don't think our safeties can run with their WR's, and I don't think we have a good matchup against Jermicheal Finley.

I think Ryan Grant and James Starks (assuming he plays) will get off against our shoddy run defense.

Crowd will be a factor. I think the Lions will hang with the Packers most of the game, and give up a big play late to seal it away. Randall Cobb gets a big return, or Jordie Nelson sneaks behind the safeties... whatever.

Packers win
33-24

Both of our offenses are pretty damn good and I feel as if our defense is better. With that being said i believe we win.

31-28 Lions.

imthetruth said:
Both of our offenses are pretty damn good and I feel as if our defense is better. With that being said i believe we win.

31-28 Lions.

Both teams give up about 21 points per game. I think the defenses are pretty even with a slight edge to GB.

I keep preaching this; but it almost looks like this team was specifically built to be the krytonite to this Packers team.

Slappy goggles off:

We win this game

i'd like to see the defense knock the shit out of rodgers. in return, stafford gets hurt. battle of backups for over a half of football. 17-14 detroit. we have a better kicker.

in all seriousness....detroit has to be near flawless to win this game. they can not get way behind early. they can not play reckless and get a shit ton of penalties. special teams need to be special. i say 31-24 GB.

mhughes0021 said:

Interesting stat #2:

The lions have lost their last 6 turkey day games by an average of 20+ points

mhughes0021 said:
mhughes0021 said:

Interesting stat #2:

what's that have to do with this year?

dtroitlionsfan951 said:
mhughes0021 said:
Interesting stat #2:

That we suck on basically every turkey day as of late?

mhughes0021 said:
dtroitlionsfan951 said:

That we suck on basically every turkey day as of late?

how about we were just sucking in general...

interesting stat #3 we haven't had a winning record in a very long time

cmlfactor said:
This is a tuffy. Good news: The O-Line probably played their best game ever yesterday. KSmith looks like he has a new focus. Stafford appears to have adjusted to throwing with the glove. The Packers could possibly be without Starks but Grant is no pushover either. Bad news: the defense seems to be taking a step backwards at the wrong time. Sure they got a few picks but the run defense was, as usual, atrocious. Special teams better get their crap together because Randall Cobb looks like he has the potential to be another Hester. Overall the D needs to improve big time cuz obviously, Rodgers ain't Cam Newton. Another performance like that and they could easily put a 50-spot on us. I think they'll work it out though. I have six letters for the Ford Field crowd. B-E L-O-U-D. I don't really think they Pack have face a raucous crowd on the road yet. It might be just the thing to finally throw them off their game. I'm gonna say 35-32 Lions...I hope so cuz my in-laws will be over for Thanksgiving Dinner and they're ALL GB fan...I would rather not have to start drinking before noon...

@alanta and @chicago

Well thank G-d the Lions are not so intimidated by GB!

There is going to be beautiful symmetry in the Lions having handed GB their last loss at Ford Field and the Lions ending GB's current winning streak back at Ford Field. Only reason GB is undefeated at this point in the year is the Lions haven't played them yet.

Lions 48
Packers 10

Lions are psyched for this game like they were the Bears MNF game. Rogers is going to get knocked around and have flashbacks to last year's concussion that will give him happy feet and an itchy trigger finger. First "bad" game of his season as the DL tees off on him for 8 sacks and the DBs get 4 INTs.

A complete demolition of the mighty Pack to make up for years of Turkey Day turkeys.

Back