Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

pelini states mich faked injuries - hoke called th

michlady77

ridiculous

not sure it is appropriate for pelini to say that even if he thinks it

I love that Pelini is whining about the fact that M beat his team by 28 points partially because he thinks that M players faked injuries.

Yeah, pretty silly to think we'd fake an injury to one of our best defensive players (Kovacs as much as that pains me to say) to slow down their offense. Either way, we only had 2 injury timeouts the entire game. To say that had any impact on the game is silly at best. Sounds like Pelini is just a sore loser.

michlady77 said:
ridiculous

not sure it is appropriate for pelini to say that even if he thinks it

It would make more sense for him to say it if the game had been closer and it actually affected the game. Not much to it when you get BLOWN OUT!!

Edit: I guess I'm a little slow on the trigger. At least we all see it the same way.
grin.png

Pelini is a dick. He's just pissed Urban Meyer is taking his dream job and he's wearing the wrong shade of scarlet-crimson.

everybody does it, but it's not something that WE abuse. Now sparty on the other hand...

in light of the large disparity in the final score he only sounds like a huge whiny jackoff.

Really, Pelini? You only scored 17 points because we faked injuries twice?

I think this is b.s. I saw only one instance where Speilman pointed out a Kovacs injury, and how Kovacs could be "faking" the injury to slow the Nebraska offense down. I had two issues with that assessment:

1) Kovacs, when he came off the field, was noticeably limping a bit. AND, Kovacs had just come back from a knee injury. So it's not totally unbelievable to think he tweaked that knee. It's not like he lay motionless for 5 minutes, then got up and ran around like the waters of Bethesda had been washed over him.

2) Faking injuries didn't stop Nebraska's offense. Mattison's kick ass game plan did. Michigan's defense out-hustled, out-played, and out-schemed anything Nebraska could do.

Pelini's comments are a "save-face" for his team getting donkey-slapped all over the field in all 3 phases of the game...

rayhowland3 said:
I think this is b.s. I saw only one instance where Speilman pointed out a Kovacs injury, and how Kovacs could be "faking" the injury to slow the Nebraska offense down. I had two issues with that assessment:

1) Kovacs, when he came off the field, was noticeably limping a bit. AND, Kovacs had just come back from a knee injury. So it's not totally unbelievable to think he tweaked that knee. It's not like he lay motionless for 5 minutes, then got up and ran around like the waters of Bethesda had been washed over him.

2) Faking injuries didn't stop Nebraska's offense. Mattison's kick ass game plan did. Michigan's defense out-hustled, out-played, and out-schemed anything Nebraska could do.

Pelini's comments are a "save-face" for his team getting donkey-slapped all over the field in all 3 phases of the game...

and smitty was checking kovacs and taping him

People fake injuries all the time to slow momentum. It was a smart thing on Kovacs's part and Spielman said as much. Don't get offended, it's the truth and it was brilliant.

Pelini's a pussy. What do you expect From an ex-buckeye? Excuses, excuses, excuses. Good teams overcome adversity.

Pelini would do better for his team if he just took the loss and moved on. I mean, it's silly for him to complain about faked injuries. Makes him look bad and Nebraska look weak.

GO BLUE! BEAT OHIO!

wlvrnstlr4life said:
People fake injuries all the time to slow momentum. It was a smart thing on Kovacs's part and Spielman said as much. Don't get offended, it's the truth and it was brilliant.

The point is, whether faked or real, he was a weenie for using it as an excuse.

GoBlueInAtlanta said:
wlvrnstlr4life said:

The point is, whether faked or real, he was a weenie for using it as an excuse.

I totally agree with that assessment and his team will probably use a couple injury timeouts this weekend. It's part of the game whether it's wrong or right. Blo is just venting over the Ohio job opening.

If you think that's bad you should check out all the Husker faithful absolutely melting down over the refs. Sure we had people (myself included) who were pissed off after the Iowa game but that came down to the last play instead of us being dominated in every facet of the game. It's a shame too, I've always respected the hell out of Nebraska.

I keep trying to tell you guys about Nebraska.

People always assume their fans and program are this modest, humble and traditional midwest program and while part of that is true, they're also horrible losers and suffer from a napolean complex. Culturally I definitely think NU is a fit but it's not like Suh is still on the roster and Pelini seems to cuss out his players and coaches and be a little short in the classy category.

the only questionable call was roughing the kicker
and they had been shut down by then

if they melted down due to that then their ciaches and leadership needs to remind them of composure and
staying competitive

Back