Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Peterman signed by Jets

One year deal, probably for the minimum. It's never a bad idea to have some depth with starting experience. But we all know that any team playing Peterman for significant snaps is going to be in big trouble.

This says all you need to know

According to football analytics website Pro Football Focus, Peterman surrendered more quarterback pressure than any interior lineman in the NFL last season.

It wont be long till we hear the term Jets Butt fumble again.

According to football analytics website Pro Football Focus, Peterman surrendered more quarterback pressure than any interior lineman in the NFL last season.

i think i heard they are doing a 30 for 30 short film on that lol

Peterman sucks. The guy is awful but the Lions/Stafford did pass a lot. QB pressure will be higher here..

Peterman sucks. The guy is awful but the Lions/Stafford did pass a lot. QB pressure will be higher here..

It depends whether they are using rate or volume. Because we pass more than anyone, there is more opportunity to create pressure. We would likely be high on total pressured snaps just because of the sheer number of passes. But in Peterman's case I think it was both volume AND rate. He gave up pressure more often (per play) than anyone else, which is all about him being terrible.

It depends whether they are using rate or volume. Because we pass more than anyone, there is more opportunity to create pressure. We would likely be high on total pressured snaps just because of the sheer number of passes. But in Peterman's case I think it was both volume AND rate. He gave up pressure more often (per play) than anyone else, which is all about him being terrible.

He was bad but you also have to mention having raolia next to you isnt going to help those numbers. When the center is getting blown up right next to you every play youre oing to give up more pressures.

Last edited:
He was bad but you also have to mention having raolia next to you isnt going to help those numbers. When the center is getting blown up right next to you every play youre oing to give up more pressures.

Very true, though I would bet Sims didn't fair nearly as poor in his rating, and he was right next to Raiola too. Also, Raiola tends to grade out well as a pass blocker, because he primarily is used to double team an opponent and pulls well.

Rob Sims was 6th top rated guard in pass blocking. Raiola struggles in run blocking.

Back