Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Peters transfers to Illinois

wheels002

I really thought he would end up at Purdue. I wish him well but I have never been a Lovie Smith fan.

I can't endorse the QB-merry-go-round that JH carnys. I know that ST is the starter, but Milton and McCaffery in the wings makes me wonder if one of these are next to leave.

I can't endorse the QB-merry-go-round that JH carnys. I know that ST is the starter, but Milton and McCaffery in the wings makes me wonder if one of these are next to leave.

The merry go round is everywhere now but I'm not concerned about McCaffrey or Milton. Both are pushing Shea now and both will see playing time. Add in DMac's clavicle vs Penn State and the upcoming seasons and I see us being back to a pre-Drew Henson/Chad Henne/desperation/Denard true Frosh to the older Moeller/Carr days where QB's never started until they'd been on campus for a couple years.

That said, I really look forward to BOTH McCaffrey and Milton getting their shots with Gattis.

"that JH carnys?" What does that mean?

The merry go round is everywhere now but I'm not concerned about McCaffrey or Milton. Both are pushing Shea now and both will see playing time. Add in DMac's clavicle vs Penn State and the upcoming seasons and I see us being back to a pre-Drew Henson/Chad Henne/desperation/Denard true Frosh to the older Moeller/Carr days where QB's never started until they'd been on campus for a couple years.

That said, I really look forward to BOTH McCaffrey and Milton getting their shots with Gattis.

I'd like to see one of them to be good enough to displace Patterson this season based on merit, or even before the season begins. If they can't, that's a concern to me.

I'd like to see one of them to be good enough to displace Patterson this season based on merit, or even before the season begins. If they can't, that's a concern to me.

Why is that a concern? McCaffrey and Milton have a combined 19 passing attempts in their career.

Patterson was a 5-star recruit and was very good last year. He completed 65% of his passes and had 22 TDs vs 7 INTs.

Never heard of a Carny?

Yeah, I have heard of and know Carnies.

So you were saying Jim Harbaugh is running a carnival?

Your sentence doesn't make sense. Are you on medication?

Last edited:
Parsing through the hieroglyphics:

The questions concerning the alleged circus or carousel of QB's that Jim Harbaugh has employed or will be employing is largely a myth created by the inadequacies of RichRod and Hoke. In other words, Harbaugh is correcting the mistakes of his predecessors.

Brandon Peters was passed by a younger QB on the depth chart and maybe by 2 of them. Of course, he is going to transfer to a lesser institution in an attempt to get PT.

Let's look at the depth that is now at MIchigan, something that was sorely missed in the days of Threet, Forcier, Robinson, Gardner, etc under the previous 2 knuckleheads:

Senior Shea Patterson, a former 5 star recruit, started all last year and is the front runner to start all year this year.

Dylan McCaffrey (please everyone learn how to spell) Junior (redshirt sophomore), former 4 star, highly recruited, played some last year, looked really good, broke collarbone. Will have this year to get PT behind Patterson and get ready for 2 full seasons at the helm of Michigan after Patterson moves on.

Joe Milton, Sophomore (redshirt freshman), 4 star recruit, not recruited as heavily as McCaffrey, came in as a raw talent with a cannon for an arm. He is currently 3rd in seniority and 3rd string. Makes sense.

Cade McNamara, true freshman, 4 star recruit.

This depth chart makes sense. You have theoretically 4 straight years of QB's in line of years and on the depth chart. No one has a reason to go anywhere. If McNamara passes Milton, then Milton might go elsewhere. That would make sense. You want a viable QB in every class. Michigan has one now. This depth chart is solid now, far more solid than it ever was under RichRod and Hoke.

The Future:

2020 class JD Johnson 4 star recruit

2021 class J. J. McCarthy, 5 star recruit, #2 QB recruit in nation

I don't see what the problem is

Last edited:

I agree but if neither can, do you hold the staff responsible for being wrong or just dislike the idea of the likely transfer/merry go round?

Why is that a concern? McCaffrey and Milton have a combined 19 passing attempts in their career.

Patterson was a 5-star recruit and was very good last year. He completed 65% of his passes and had 22 TDs vs 7 INTs.

I think all three greatly benefit from the Gattis hire ...all of them, greatly. DMac already has shown us and Shea is mobile ...Milton has the strongest arm by far and is the tallest ...perhaps the 'Terrelle Pryor' we thought DickRod would deliver way back when.?

I'm not scared at all ...the pipeline is still building and already deep and getting deeper. Harbaugh can stay as long as he wants, IMO.

Parsing through the hieroglyphics:

The questions concerning the alleged circus or carousel of QB's that Jim Harbaugh has employed or will be employing is largely a myth created by the inadequacies of RichRod and Hoke. In other words, Harbaugh is correcting the mistakes of his predecessors.

Brandon Peters was passed by a younger QB on the depth chart and maybe by 2 of them. Of course, he is going to transfer to a lesser institution in an attempt to get PT.

Let's look at the depth that is now at MIchigan, something that was sorely missed in the days of Threet, Forcier, Robinson, Gardner, etc under the previous 2 knuckleheads:

Senior Shea Patterson, a former 5 star recruit, started all last year and is the front runner to start all year this year.

Dylan McCaffrey (please everyone learn how to spell) Junior (redshirt sophomore), former 4 star, highly recruited, played some last year, looked really good, broke collarbone. Will have this year to get PT behind Patterson and get ready for 2 full seasons at the helm of Michigan after Patterson moves on.

Joe Milton, Sophomore (redshirt freshman), 4 star recruit, not recruited as heavily as McCaffrey, came in as a raw talent with a cannon for an arm. He is currently 3rd in seniority and 3rd string. Makes sense.

Cade McNamara, true freshman, 4 star recruit.

This depth chart makes sense. You have theoretically 4 straight years of QB's in line of years and on the depth chart. No one has a reason to go anywhere. If McNamara passes Milton, then Milton might go elsewhere. That would make sense. You want a viable QB in every class. Michigan has one now. This depth chart is solid now, far more solid than it ever was under RichRod and Hoke.

The Future:

2020 class JD Johnson 4 star recruit

2021 class J. J. McCarthy, 5 star recruit, #2 QB recruit in nation

I don't see what the problem is

Nominate for BEST POST EVER ON DSF

I agree but if neither can, do you hold the staff responsible for being wrong or just dislike the idea of the likely transfer/merry go round?

Why in the world would you expect a younger QB that was less regarded in high school that has very little actual PT, to surpass a QB that had really good statistics and 10 wins last year as the starter, is a former 5 star recruit and will probably be one of the top QB's in the country this season?

That makes no sense

Last edited:
If a younger QB passes an older QB on a depth chart on pretty much any team in the nation, I'd expect that older QB to be questioning if he should transfer somewhere else to get some PT or just lay back and concentrate on his education.

Just forget that I brought the entire topic up. I have been disabused of my original position. Not on meds, but a 24-7-365 migraine since 1997 may have affected my observations.

Just forget that I brought the entire topic up. I have been disabused of my original position. Not on meds, but a 24-7-365 migraine since 1997 may have affected my observations.

You should probably see a doctor.

You should probably see a doctor.

You really think that I've neglected this affliction for 22 years? I'm mildly insulted. None of them can determine the cause nor the remedy. So, I offer it up to Christ and suffer with Him and for Him.

Last edited:
Back