Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Peyton Manning Chooses Denver?

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]
cheeno said:
Possible but every team without a true 1 would be in play. Tebow is the type of guy who to me would take less money if there is a chance to start. Ross is trying to sell tickets/jerseys too.

Less money? He is on a rookie deal. Plus, the Dolphins are in the right spot in the draft to get Ryan Tannehill ('Phins OC coached Ryan in College)

I'm assuming if he doesn't get traded and gets released (very possible) Tebow would go someplace where he could start (making every team without a true 1 in play). Phins could still draft Tannehill and have Tebow.

What about all those Tebow jersey's that were sold last year. LMAO

Denver is in a bad spot because they want the circus train gone and need to find someone that will want to bring that hype to town. Tebow like Lin is more of a marketing decision than a football one.

Also what team wants to remake their offense into the 1930s style and has a good enough defense to compete. The Jags offense is so bad and so run heavy (Laurent Robinson signed as their #1) and they have an improving young D. This is the only place that makes sense to me.

SLICK said:
TheVictors03 said:
it's about to get very interesting. Dallas Clark, Jeff Saturday, Wallace ...others?! Current Broncos said to be 'going nuts' over the news.

why would you sign Jeff Saturday when you have J D Walton ?
Free agent C Jeff Saturday was reportedly scheduled to visit the Packers and Titans before Peyton Manning agreed to join the Broncos on Monday.
ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen report that all three teams Manning had been talking with have considered adding Saturday. Manning did not "mandate" the addition of Saturday, but it would no doubt increase his comfort level with the team. It's worth noting that Pro Football Focus graded Denver's J.D. Walton as the NFL's worst center in 2011. Saturday was No. 5.

lp4ever41 said:
SLICK said:
why would you sign Jeff Saturday when you have J D Walton ?
Free agent C Jeff Saturday was reportedly scheduled to visit the Packers and Titans before Peyton Manning agreed to join the Broncos on Monday.
ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen report that all three teams Manning had been talking with have considered adding Saturday. Manning did not "mandate" the addition of Saturday, but it would no doubt increase his comfort level with the team. It's worth noting that Pro Football Focus graded Denver's J.D. Walton as the NFL's worst center in 2011. Saturday was No. 5.

thanks...dont watch alot of Broncos , just knew he started there for the last 2 years.

SLICK said:
lp4ever41 said:

thanks...dont watch alot of Broncos , just knew he started there for the last 2 years.
Yeah, me neither. I actually thought he was pretty good. W/e, perfect fit I guess

glad it wasnt SF or Tenn...both on our schedule this year. We will never play against Peyton Manning again..unless its the SB

Elway had to be top bidder to get out from the Tebowner spotlight. Despite all of the public press to the contrary, everyone knew the whole thing had Elway more frustrated than an Apple nerd missing out on the latest release of i***#

Gotta say this really did make the most sense for manning. The AFC west is really week. That defense has potential and the offense has a couple of pieces. Now I wonder how goes all in on Tebow. What do you guys think the trade for Tebow will look like.

motown1958 said:
Gotta say this really did make the most sense for manning. The AFC west is really week. That defense has potential and the offense has a couple of pieces. Now I wonder how goes all in on Tebow. What do you guys think the trade for Tebow will look like.

Like I said earlier, no one is beating down Elway's door for Tebow. He'll either go to the Jags or be released.

mhughes0021 said:
lp4ever41 said:
They will still have plenty of cap space too. Go get mike wallace and michael bush

Definitely could see them giving up the 26th pick for Wallace.

nobody's done it in 10 years...signed a 1st round RFA.

Can I just shoot down the tebow to Miami and jacksonville idea.. the jags just picked a first round qb and have a more than capable qb they just picked up in fa. Tebow can't sell tickets as the jags have no fans. If my pins were stupid enough to trade for him... I may just kill myself.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Can I just shoot down the tebow to Miami and jacksonville idea.. the jags just picked a first round qb and have a more than capable qb they just picked up in fa. Tebow can't sell tickets as the jags have no fans. If my pins were stupid enough to trade for him... I may just kill myself.

From a business standpoint it makes sense for the Jags. Gabbert is universally considered a flop and Henne only a back up. Neither are winners on the field or with fans. You play with either of those guys and you have no hope of winning. This was the Orton situation in Denver. Orton, Quinn sound to me a lot like Henne and Gabby.

With Tebow (win or lose) you go from league afterthought to national attention in about 1 second flat. With a new owner what better business deal can you make? Plus if he flops you move the team to LA, if he does well you are a freaking hero (basically pull a Major League). Its win-win.

Build up your D and pair Tebow with MJD (who basically is the offense anyways) and you can play for the wild card winning 4 against the Titans and the Colts.

One thing is for sure. The broncos have a TON of cap to bring in some help. Mike Wallace?

cheeno said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]Can I just shoot down the tebow to Miami and jacksonville idea.. the jags just picked a first round qb and have a more than capable qb they just picked up in fa. Tebow can't sell tickets as the jags have no fans. If my pins were stupid enough to trade for him... I may just kill myself.

From a business standpoint it makes sense for the Jags. Gabbert is universally considered a flop and Henne only a back up. Neither are winners on the field or with fans. You play with either of those guys and you have no hope of winning. This was the Orton situation in Denver. Orton, Quinn sound to me a lot like Henne and Gabby.

With Tebow (win or lose) you go from league afterthought to national attention in about 1 second flat. With a new owner what better business deal can you make? Plus if he flops you move the team to LA, if he does well you are a freaking hero (basically pull a Major League). Its win-win.

Build up your D and pair Tebow with MJD (who basically is the offense anyways) and you can play for the wild card winning 4 against the Titans and the Colts.

... they have no fans. Tebow makes zero sense gator fans are dolphin fans. Simple and plain.

SLICK said:
didn't they bring in Mularkey and Olson to work with Gabbert ?

That may have had something to do with it but the the fact that their offense was brutal and predictable probably played a larger part. I don't think anyone (fans or front office) see Gabbert as the linchpin at this point. I am probably wrong about this but for me this makes absolute sense.

Diggler you are telling me Tebow in Jacksonville wouldn't sell tickets?

Back