Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Peyton Manning Chooses Denver?

cheeno said:
SLICK said:
didn't they bring in Mularkey and Olson to work with Gabbert ?

That may have had something to do with it but the the fact that their offense was brutal and predictable probably played a larger part. I don't think anyone (fans or front office) see Gabbert as the linchpin at this point. I am probably wrong about this but for me this makes absolute sense.

Diggler you are telling me Tebow in Jacksonville wouldn't sell tickets?

Sure am, based on living in central Florida. They are all phin fans. It will never change either.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
cheeno said:
That may have had something to do with it but the the fact that their offense was brutal and predictable probably played a larger part. I don't think anyone (fans or front office) see Gabbert as the linchpin at this point. I am probably wrong about this but for me this makes absolute sense.

Sure am, based on living in central Florida. They are all phin fans. It will never change either.

Well they sure as hell couldn't sell any less. They almost couldn't sellout a Monday nighter last year.

cheeno said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]

Well they sure as hell couldn't sell any less. They almost couldn't sellout a Monday nighter last year.

That's true, so why not develop a kid you drafted in the first a year ago or a qb you just paid in fa? Both are better than the noodle arm and give you a better chance to win.

cheeno said:
SLICK said:
didn't they bring in Mularkey and Olson to work with Gabbert ?

If he's not I will. Jax shouldn't have a team, they have no fan base. They could bring in 70's Steelers to Jacksonville and it wouldn't matter.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
cheeno said:

If he's not I will. Jax shouldn't have a team, they have no fan base. They could bring in 70's Steelers to Jacksonville and it wouldn't matter.

I don't dispute that one bit, they'll be in LA in a few years.

As much as I believe they will move, I hope LA doesn't get a team.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]As much as I believe they will move, I hope LA doesn't get a team.

Crazy not to have a team in the second largest market when TV dollars are the NFL's lifeblood.

True cheeno, but I have to admit I have enjoyed the last decade or so of NOT listening to LA fans flap their lips about how awesome their team is.

Being in Arizona right now, there are far too many Dodger transplants as is.

inkfreq said:
True cheeno, but I have to admit I have enjoyed the last decade or so of NOT listening to LA fans flap their lips about how awesome their team is.

Being in Arizona right now, there are far too many Dodger transplants as is.

I hear ya Ink.

I'll throw out some more speculation. Tebow and a 3rd to Carolina for Stewart. Tebow becomes a back up you don't have to change the gameplan for and Stewart is reunited with Fox.

Wait to hear it from Manning himself but word here in Denver coming out is that it was Denver all along, Elway was in constant touch and that Manning chose Denver because of the people -- Elway, Fox, Del Rio at DC, McCoy the OC will let him run things and Denver owner not a cheapskate.

Tennessee was a random, but third player that came in late -- SF and DEN with AZ courtesy visit.

Tebow to NE to reunite with McDaniels for Mallett ....? The Professor seems to think so.

TheVictors03 said:
Tebow to NE to reunite with McDaniels for Mallett ....? The Professor seems to think so.

There is no worse reporter than that Baby Geniuses reject. Talk about basing everything on pure speculation... Ex. Flacco is an elite qb but Stafford is an also ran, Ok.

Browns, they need a QB. Only two teams without a starting QB solution are the Dolphins and Browns. And the Dolphins aren't interested.

yeah, Clayton is a freak. besides, Steve Young basically guaranteed Manning to SF and one of the Hasselbecks said he was a lock for Tennessee.

all I know is this - Tebow will be gone very quickly. He is not Elway's type of guy in any way at all. Manning, on the other hand, is and all the Broncos brass are former football players.

Tebow better go to a team will a killer defense and a run game.

schles192 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Tebow better go to a team will a killer defense and a run game.

SF?

Schefter tweeted Jags, Miami, Packers, SF

but SF apparently dropped out and he retracted.

Jets seem to really want Tebow...kinda makes sense with Sparano and his wildcat packages.

poor Drew..relegated to 3rd team in less then a week if this happens.

Back