Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Peyton to be released

imthetruth

We all saw it coming but its still a little weird. Im curious to where he ends up and for how much.

It will be interesting where he goes. If he has his choice You would have to think Miami because of the potential for a decent oline and decent wrs. Also being able to go against his arch nemesis twice a year is a bonus. But Washington will push hard as will Cleveland.

I think he'll be a Redskin... at least on a maxi pad shaped portion of his forehead anyways.

kingofdetroit57 said:
I think he'll be a Redskin... at least on a maxi pad shaped portion of his forehead anyways.

I don't think he wants to compete with his brother. I think he will stay in the AFC and he has a home in Miami and they want him. So I think Miami.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
kingofdetroit57 said:

I don't think he wants to compete with his brother. I think he will stay in the AFC and he has a home in Miami and they want him. So I think Miami.
He does have a rather dolphin shaped forehead, so I could see that too.

Team will need a few things to bring in Peyton

1. OC has to get out of the way and let him do it.
2. Good offensive line
3. A few playmakers either at WR/TE
4. Team has to be playoff caliber

Now lets go look at which teams need a QB

Redskins, Colts, Browns, Dolphins, Cardinals, Jets, Titans, Jaguars, Vikings, Broncos, and Seahawks

Well first of all which of these teams if they added Peyton would be playoff caliber? Vikings, Broncos, Titans, Jets, Dolphins, Redskins, and Colts

Ok so which of these teams has at least 1 offensive playmaker? Titans, Vikings, Jets, Dolphins, and Colts.

How about the O-Line?
Titans, Jets, Dolphins

Any problems with the OC giving up control?
Don't think so.

So you have 3 teams left.... And the Jets are in cap trouble so doubt they can bring him in. Leaving the Titans and Dolphins to battle it out in my mind for the Peyton sweepstakes. Titans could give Peyton the chance to go against the Colts and probably the best chance to make the playoffs. Miami would have to surpass the Jets and Pats, but he does own a house in Miami already.

Nah, no NFL team wants him. Doubt even the CFL or WFL want him. Maybe he could do something in the Arena league since the field is smaller and he has lost all that arm strength.

Signed,

Jim Irsay

Think about this.. Isn't Wayne a free agent too? And Jeff Saturday?

The Titans never properly replaced Mawae at Center and the WR corps could use another top receiver to pair with Britt.

Would the Lions take a chance on Saturday? Not sure what it would cost to get him, but it would be nice to have a guy who actually has a ring help out on the OL.

everytime I try to predict a landing spot for one of these guys I miss terribly.....Phins owner has more money then God , Cardinals owner Bidwell is said to be interested and maybe the Titans.

I'll go with the logical spot...Miami....so expect him to to sign elsewhere.

The dark horse is denver. This is elways only chance....ever....to make a qb change and have his fan base be on board with it. He can finally fulfill his dream of not starting tebow. Peyton also would have to think hes in a good situation if tebow could win that division last year. Sd oak and kc all taking steps backward...probably a better situation to make a playoff run other than going up against the jets and the patriots twice a year.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Team will need a few things to bring in Peyton

1. OC has to get out of the way and let him do it.
2. Good offensive line
3. A few playmakers either at WR/TE
4. Team has to be playoff caliber

Now lets go look at which teams need a QB

Redskins, Colts, Browns, Dolphins, Cardinals, Jets, Titans, Jaguars, Vikings, Broncos, and Seahawks

Well first of all which of these teams if they added Peyton would be playoff caliber? Vikings, Broncos, Titans, Jets, Dolphins, Redskins, and Colts

Ok so which of these teams has at least 1 offensive playmaker? Titans, Vikings, Jets, Dolphins, and Colts.

How about the O-Line?
Titans, Jets, Dolphins

Any problems with the OC giving up control?
Don't think so.

So you have 3 teams left.... And the Jets are in cap trouble so doubt they can bring him in. Leaving the Titans and Dolphins to battle it out in my mind for the Peyton sweepstakes. Titans could give Peyton the chance to go against the Colts and probably the best chance to make the playoffs. Miami would have to surpass the Jets and Pats, but he does own a house in Miami already.

There is a problem with your 4 and that's Peyton is playoff caliber by himself.

I think there is a good chance that he goes to Seattle. Seattle is ready to beat up on teams with a decent QB. Mike Williams is playing well and working hard for his old college coach (still hate that guy), Sidney Rice is there, the offensive line is young and solid, Marshawn Lynch is there to have a running game and their defense is pretty solid...Peyton to Seattle is a scary thought for the NFC in my opinion...

I'm feeling Arizona.

Manning and Fitz? My God, that would be scary. Then maybe throw in Wayne? Holy shit.

It would be cool to see him in Zona. But with the money they just paid Kolb I dont see them investing more money into QB.

motown1958 said:
It would be cool to see him in Zona. But with the money they just paid Kolb I dont see them investing more money into QB.

I gotta stick with my gut. Kolb is trash and the Cardinals are realizing their mistake. They can possibly trade Kolb, right? Not that anyone would want him but he is young...lol. I just like the fit.

Second choice is Miami.

Back