Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

PGA & LIV merge

Jordan Spieth has career tour earnings of $42mm and an estimated after tax net worth of over $110mm, last year it was reported after extended his 8 figure per year deal with Under Armour, that he would be making ~$29mm/yr in endorsements (UA, Titleist, AT&T, Rolex, Netjets, etc). As of last year, Justin Thomas was earning about $8mm/yr in endorsement deals.

They're both high profile and highly ranked guys, but everyone in the top 50 is probably making $1mm+ in endorsements with the possible exception of guys that catapult up the rankings by coming out of nowhere with some top 10 finishes and/or winning a big tournament

Last edited:
really? I wear golf pants and a golf polo to work every day. I guess I dress like a prick :cheers:

He assumes people who play golf have more money than him (probably due to slavery and the exploitation of minorities). All people who have more money than him are pricks.

Last edited:
It would be pretty funny if the merger was denied because it eliminates ?competition? that didn?t exist 18 months ago and ?creates? a monopoly that already existed for almost 100 years.

I played golf on Wednesday. Wore a polo and shorts. Paired up with a black man. Yes, you read that correctly.

We just had the PGA championship here in LA.

First time since 1948.

Some dude named Clark won.

Nice.

Um?I think the English open is next right?

The last tour event of the season.

Gonna be played at some Royal course across the pond.

Damn?golf is almost already over for the year?and it ain?t even been anywhere near a hundred degrees here in the San Fernando Valley.

Last edited:
We just had the PGA championship here in LA.

First time since 1948.

Some dude named Clark won.

Nice.

I watched some of it. Didn't see you, though. Were you the bloke yelling "GET IN THE HOLE" on Clark's tee shots?

Um?I think the English open is next right?

The last tour event of the season.

Gonna be played at some Royal course across the pond.

Damn?golf is almost already over for the year?and it ain?t even been anywhere near a hundred degrees here in the San Fernando Valley.

It's "The Open Championship" to you, mate. At Royal Liverpool. Seems an contradiction in terms. I bet the guy playing the role or Sir Paul McCartney will have a seat in some Royal Suite, doling out attention to his "lessers," which include the King and his Court.

The Open Championship is my favourite (sic) major. I like the bump-and-run game meself.

It's "The Open Championship" to you, mate. At Royal Liverpool. Seems an contradiction in terms. I bet the guy playing the role or Sir Paul McCartney will have a seat in some Royal Suite, doling out attention to his "lessers," which include the King and his Court.

The Open Championship is my favourite (sic) major. I like the bump-and-run game meself.

Dude?how ironic and auspicious can life be?

In 2006, I took my dear sweet darling departed mother (she wasn?t departed at the time) to revisit her parents homeland of Ireland, a quest that included landing at London, Heathrow, and and included swinging round (sort of) Liverpool the Sunday that one American bloke Tiger Woods was winning the last one of his final Royal English open championships, right there at Royal Liverpool, home to the great George Harrison. Imagine.

More ironic and auspicious, this will be the first English golf championship during the realm of the new monarch Charles - that?s three quarters of a century later.

American Royaltards like our friend MichChamp will literally be leaping over themselves to get out of bed to watch that crap on television.

Dude?how ironic and auspicious can life be?

In 2006, I took my dear sweet darling departed mother (she wasn?t departed at the time) to revisit her parents homeland of Ireland, a quest that included landing at London, Heathrow, and and included swinging round (sort of) Liverpool the Sunday that one American bloke Tiger Woods was winning the last one of his final Royal English open championships, right there at Royal Liverpool, home to the great George Harrison. Imagine.

"There are no country clubs. It's easy if you try." (Ode to MC.)

More ironic and auspicious, this will be the first English golf championship during the realm of the new monarch Charles - that?s three quarters of a century later.

I mean back then, clubs were called "mashies" "spoons" and "niblicks". And the ball was gutta percha.

American Royaltards like our friend MichChamp will literally be leaping over themselves to get out of bed to watch that crap on television.

MC is such a Slappy for Dynasties, amiright?

Last edited:
"There are no country clubs. It's easy if you try." (Ode to MC.)

I mean back then, clubs were called "mashies" "spoons" and "niblicks". And the ball was gutta percha.

MC is such a Slappy for Dynasties, amiright?

Know what?s weird?

Whenever I?ve ever watched the English open early in the morning?the Royal links generally don?t seem very country clubby to me at all. They all seem more public coursie?all windy, and brushy?old dilapidated buildings, I guess people call them castles, or something?

Weird.

Didn't watch one second. First time, maybe since I was a child, that I didn't watch at least part of the US Open. Feels good.

Know what?s weird?

Whenever I?ve ever watched the English open early in the morning?the Royal links generally don?t seem very country clubby to me at all. They all seem more public coursie?all windy, and brushy?old dilapidated buildings, I guess people call them castles, or something?

Weird.

I had a former boss who played St. Andrews The Old Course declare that he was "underwhelmed". As if his opinion mattered.

I think he missed the reason why you would play there. It's only where the game of golf began after all.

It's like going to Dealey Plaza and complaining about the architecture of the Book Depository as "functional."

Didn't watch one second. First time, maybe since I was a child, that I didn't watch at least part of the US Open. Feels good.

I didn?t either. I think the location is still a secret.

Hey, I just thought of something hysterical, and ironic and this is for Byco, too -

?What do Hollywood actors who play priests have in common with Rory McElroy and Tiger Woods??

?Fictitious vows of poverty.?

Last edited:
I didn?t either. I think the location is still a secret.

Hey, I just thought of something hysterical, and ironic and this is for Byco, too -

?What do Hollywood actors who play priests have in common with Rory McElroy and Tiger Woods??

?Fictitious vows of poverty.?

:lmao: And chastity. Throw "obedience" in there as well.

Last edited:
I had a former boss who played St. Andrews The Old Course declare that he was "underwhelmed". As if his opinion mattered.

I think he missed the reason why you would play there. It's only where the game of golf began after all.

It's like going to Dealey Plaza and complaining about the architecture of the Book Depository as "functional."
I saw the Tower of Pisa, just a crooked building. On the other side first time being close to the Lady, Statue of Liberty, I was moved. Just because its famous doesn't mean it's goosebump city.

I saw the Tower of Pisa, just a crooked building. On the other side first time being close to the Lady, Statue of Liberty, I was moved. Just because its famous doesn't mean it's goosebump city.

I suppose, but this guy is an avowed golf nut, so ... and this is borderline gossip, so I'll discontinue this line of conversation.

Last edited:
Back