Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pistons 101 Indiana 96 Final

biggunsbob

Go figure Pistons Shock Pacers on the road..
6-8 at home
6-6 on the road..

Smith had 30 and 7 rebounds
Monroe had a double double 13/12.
Andre D. Had 9/9.
Jennings 18 and 8 assists.
Harrelson had 10 bounds off the bench, and 7 points..

If josh smith continues going inside aggressively were suddenly a team that can make playoff noise.

Smith has to improve his shooting percentage in my opinion.

Smith has to improve his shooting percentage in my opinion.

I read somewhere that Mo Cheeks watched some tape of Smith back in Atlanta and Cheeks is finally starting to post him up more like in Atlanta, rather than trying his own formula. Based on the last 2 games, I'd say it's working.

If josh smith continues going inside aggressively were suddenly a team that can make playoff noise.

This team has no chance to make "playoff noise"! They might make the playoffs with a sub .500 record due to the east being so weak but they will be out in the first round.

This team has no chance to make "playoff noise"! They might make the playoffs with a sub .500 record due to the east being so weak but they will be out in the first round.

They will be out whenever they play either Indiana or Miami, last nights win notwithstanding. They are 2-2 against those teams so far, but both have loads more playoff experience and still are far superior teams. If we play either of them in the first round we'll be one and done. Nobody else in the east really scares me though. We have to remember that this team could look very different if Dumars pulls the trigger on a Monroe trade as well.

Last edited:
They will be out whenever they play either Indiana or Miami, last nights win notwithstanding. They are 2-2 against those teams so far, but both have loads more playoff experience and still are far superior teams. If we play either of them in the first round we'll be one and done. Nobody else in the east really scares me though. We have to remember that this team could look very different if Dumars pulls the trigger on a Monroe trade as well.

If the Pistons trade Monroe I think the best way to do it would be a sign and trade in the off season.

You're crazy tom. Our team has some things every playoffs team needs, namely a beast front court. Have you seen the last 2 games? They have looked like a totally different team, with a major philosophy change in smith being our number one scoring option posting up and dropping 30 twice in a row.

Who would have knew? All I hear around these parts is how garbage smith is. Well smith doesn't go to the rim like a bitch covered in maple syrup like Monroe, who gets his shit packed in like 5 times a game. Smith is just better at everything than Monroe straight up.

But I want to keep Monroe, just off the bench, but it won't happen for how much money he is going to want. Bye bye.

Last edited:
You're crazy tom. Our team has some things every playoffs team needs, namely a beast front court. Have you seen the last 2 games? They have looked like a totally different team, with a major philosophy change in smith being our number one scoring option posting up and dropping 30 twice in a row.

Who would have knew? All I hear around these parts is how garbage smith is. Well smith doesn't go to the rim like a bitch covered in maple syrup like Monroe, who gets his shit packed in like 5 times a game. Smith is just better at everything than Monroe straight up.

But I want to keep Monroe, just off the bench, but it won't happen for how much money he is going to want. Bye bye.

The Pistons are a middle of the road team in the east. They have nothing that will get them through more than one round unless they run into an equally inept eastern conference team. There are 2 teams in the east that they have 0% chance of beating in a series. There are probably 8 teams in the west that they would have a 5% chance of winning a series. This team is mediocre. If they trade Monroe they need to do it in the off season in a sign and trade. Nobody is going to give good value to the Pistons if he isn't signed. They have a better chance of getting a few good pieces trading CV & Stuckey with their expiring contracts.

Glad Smith is scoring but I will take a double double too.. Guess we have to trade someone..

Back