Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pistons reach 4-year, $64 million rookie extension with center Isaiah Stewart

I'm not his biggest fan but this puts Beef Stew around the 17th highest paid center in the league and he's younger than everyone ahead of him, much younger in most cases. It's hard to argue with this extension, even with his size deficiency.

He isn't good but it's a fair deal. It's a lot of money for a bench player though. Maybe Duren turns out to be really good, Stewart improves, and the Pistons can trade Stewart on a reasonable contract.

Stew is a good defensive player.. Works hard. Get his 3% up a bit ..

Tom, Stews been a starter last 2 years. He might still be if Ausur doesn't start right away, and Bogs stays at SF or if Bogs is traded. Too early to say at the moment. But Bojan would be a nightmare at the 4.

Last edited:
Stew is a good defensive player.. Works hard. Get his 3% up a bit ..

Tom, Stews been a starter last 2 years. He might still be if Ausur doesn't start right away, and Bogs stays at SF or if Bogs is traded. Too early to say at the moment.

he's only a starter on the Pistons because the Pistons are a terrible team. He will probably start again this year.

He's probably an above average defensive player, but he's undersized. You are right, if he develops into a good three point shooter, he could be very valuable. But as he is, he's just a good bench player on a good team...a starter on the Pistons.

Like I said, at the price, it's a fair deal.

he's only a starter on the Pistons because the Pistons are a terrible team. He will probably start again this year.

He's probably an above average defensive player, but he's undersized. You are right, if he develops into a good three point shooter, he could be very valuable. But as he is, he's just a good bench player on a good team...a starter on the Pistons.

Like I said, at the price, it's a fair deal.
Lots of guys from all teams are bench players on others. Put Ivey on the Warriors and he's coming off the bench. Lol. Anyway, he was an undersized C. PF 6'8" might not be ideal but he's 250 and can jump. With Duran the FT starter at C (only started 31 times last season some at PF, maybe Stew can improve only playing one position. That's my hope.

Lots of guys from all teams are bench players on others. Put Ivey on the Warriors and he's coming off the bench. Lol. Anyway, he was an undersized C. PF 6'8" might not be ideal but he's 250 and can jump. With Duran the FT starter at C (only started 31 times last season some at PF, maybe Stew can improve only playing one position. That's my hope.

I'm not sure Ivey is a starting caliber player either. I'm not impressed so far.

These guys are young though...let's cross our fingers and hope a few of them turn into all stars.

It?s the new CBA in the NBA. Teams have to spend at least 90% of their salary cap. The previous CBA allowed you to spend under that but would require you to pay the difference among all players on the roster at the end of the year.

I'm not sure Ivey is a starting caliber player either. I'm not impressed so far.

These guys are young though...let's cross our fingers and hope a few of them turn into all stars.
Okay, lol. In your opinion is Cade a starter or is he not any good?

Okay, lol. In your opinion is Cade a starter or is he not any good?

Cade looks like he's pretty good. I like that he has an all around game. He has basically played a full season (76 games) and has averaged about 18 points, 6 boards, 6 assists. He's another guy that isn't a good 3 point shooter though.

Really young players, im hoping to see some plays this year that excite people. Ivey had a solid rookie campaign, but im hoping he has some plays that wow. I can't remember anytime last year that he had a "Holy shit!" moment. Duran had a few though.

I can't remember who but there was this one guy, a big I think, who didn't take a 3 in the first 6-7 seasons afterward he became good at it. So there's time..

Back