Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pistons sign Kevin Knox and resign Marvin Bagley

Honestly confusing, not sure what Knox brings to a team at all. He shot well from 3 once, not surprisingly the same year everyone shot well (without fans). But he's been absolutely garbage otherwise. Not sure why we'd pay more than the minimum for what is a minimum guy.

Also, it does feel like we've overpaid for Bagley. 12.5 a year for a guy who can't defend and can't shoot? Where's the upside there? Duren can already do most of the pick and roll finishing, so what are we paying for?

Last edited:
Honestly confusing, not sure what Knox brings to a team at all. He shot well from 3 once, not surprisingly the same year everyone shot well (without fans). But he's been absolutely garbage otherwise. Not sure why we'd pay more than the minimum for what is a minimum guy.

Also, it does feel like we've overpaid for Bagley. 12.5 a year for a guy who can't defend and can't shoot? Where's the upside there? Duren can already do most of the pick and roll finishing, so what are we paying for?

Can't shoot from 3 doesn't mean he can't shoot. We're in a rebuild, this is what rebuilds do - take a chance on former lotto picks.

Yes and No Mitch . I agree we are in a rebuild but we have to start making some big strides. Rookie deals don?t last forever. Cade and Ivey want to be here. We have to start winning and soon so they will stay?So far I love the draft and trade or grant after draft night but some of these moves are head scratchers.

Last edited:
Yes and No Mitch . I agree we are in a rebuild but we have to start making some big strides. Rookie deals don?t last forever. Cade and Ivey want to be here. We have to start winning and soon so they will stay?So far I love the draft and trade or grant after draft night but some of these moves are head scratchers.

You assume big talent wants to go to a rebuild? That's why Kevin Durant's top spots are the Suns, and Heat. They want to go to good teams. We need to win first.

I remember when we traded Grant Hill away. People thought it was the worst, Wallace wasn't much but then he became a defensive stud.

Knox II had 57 starts his rookie year and then only 4 since. Not sure why they stopped using him. Because as a rookie he was decent. His per 36 look good. Plus 3 different head coaches to this point.

Knox is 22 with 4 years experience. I'd call it a very solid lottery ticket

Knox seems like a waste of money. He's just going to be a body on the end of the bench. I like the Bagley signing. You have to remember that Duren was supposed to be a senior in High school last year, he's only 18 years old. Let Bagley start this year and I think he can be a 16 point 8 rebound guy. If Duren is a stud and can play next year Bagley is a good trade piece. If Duren can't play, Bagley is a pretty cheap starter.

Knox seems like a waste of money. He's just going to be a body on the end of the bench. I like the Bagley signing. You have to remember that Duren was supposed to be a senior in High school last year, he's only 18 years old. Let Bagley start this year and I think he can be a 16 point 8 rebound guy. If Duren is a stud and can play next year Bagley is a good trade piece. If Duren can't play, Bagley is a pretty cheap starter.

Lu Dort just got 5 years 87.5 million. The Knox deal is hardly a waste.

Dort averaged 17 a night last year. Knox 3

Knox is just a guy on the end of the bench. NBD though, he isn't making much money.

I hope Knox works out but it?s another non needle mover for me. Least it seems pretty cheap.

Last edited:
He's a body at a position of need.. He has some talent in there and I don't think he's getting paid much. Its worth 3,000,000.

Dort averaged 17 a night last year. Knox 3

Knox is just a guy on the end of the bench. NBD though, he isn't making much money.

He had a solid rookie year and then the next year the Knicks drafted RJ Barrett who plays the same position. There's potential there.

Back