Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

pistons trade for Brandon Jennings

Are you kidding me? Drummond is arguably already a star. This season, he may be a superstar. His numbers are even better than Howards in his rookie season per 36 mins. Monroe is borderline all-star, and Smith should have no problem performing as a superstar on this team. Jennings is an all-star, who with some help, could be a superstar as well. He's got that kind of talent. All Pistons fans should be ecstatic with this offseason. Completely reshaped this team with YOUNG talent who are all ready to breakout together. Our core of Jennings, KCP, Monroe, and Drummond are all 23 years old or younger, and our veteran star Smith is only 27. You guys are insane.. This team is not much different than the 02-08 roster, except this one is MUCH younger and much more athletic. Our only "floor spacer" was Prince in those years, so that argument is ridiculous. We will win on defense.. which is the easiest thing to control.

Are you kidding me? Drummond is arguably already a star. This season, he may be a superstar. His numbers are even better than Howards in his rookie season per 36 mins. Monroe is borderline all-star, and Smith should have no problem performing as a superstar on this team. Jennings is an all-star, who with some help, could be a superstar as well. He's got that kind of talent. All Pistons fans should be ecstatic with this offseason. Completely reshaped this team with YOUNG talent who are all ready to breakout together. Our core of Jennings, KCP, Monroe, and Drummond are all 23 years old or younger, and our veteran star Smith is only 27. You guys are insane.. This team is not much different than the 02-08 roster, except this one is MUCH younger and much more athletic. Our only "floor spacer" was Prince in those years, so that argument is ridiculous. We will win on defense.. which is the easiest thing to control.

I'm DEFINITELY excited about this season. I give Joe D an A for making some noise and bringing some talent to the D. And whilst Drummond is obviously already a top tier C in the league, he doesn't have national recognition yet to be a "Superstar". Nobody knows him yet. Our biggest name player is Josh Smith probably.

Hopefully we'll see faces in the seats this year. One of the things that pissed me off while watching games last year was looking at the constant thin crowds at the Palace. I remember when the Palace would simply rock and every seat would be filled. I also hope John Mason puts together a sick starting lineup routine like he did for the '04 team haha.

I think this was a very good move. The Pistons didn't have a starting caliber PG until they got Jennings. He averaged 17.5 points and 6.5 assists last year.

I don't think people realize how good Jennings is. After Parker, Rondo, and Paul, he might be the best smallish PG in the NBA. Kid can score, kid can pass, and he's a much better fit for the team than Brandon Knight. He's no doubt a top 10 PG in the NBA and we get him for $8 million a year. Makes us better and a playoff team.

We now have top 10 players at their position at 4 of the 5 starting positions.

Jennings is a better Passer, Defender, FT shooter and he doesn't turn the ball over as much. He does jack up a lot of shots, but overall his ceiling is higher than Knight's.

Also I thought his contract was 8.5mil a year? could be wrong though.

Last edited:
Jennings is a better Passer, Defender, FT shooter and he doesn't turn the ball over as much. He does jack up a lot of shots, but overall his ceiling is higher than Knight's.

Also I thought his contract was 8.5mil a year? could be wrong though.

8.3 mill (which is a great bargain imo) When people look at the signings, people dont realize how great of a bargain Joe D. is getting these players at.

I don't think people realize how good Jennings is. After Parker, Rondo, and Paul, he might be the best smallish PG in the NBA. Kid can score, kid can pass, and he's a much better fit for the team than Brandon Knight. He's no doubt a top 10 PG in the NBA and we get him for $8 million a year. Makes us better and a playoff team.

We now have top 10 players at their position at 4 of the 5 starting positions.[/QUOTE]

that is a stretch. I don't know if any of the Pistons players are top 10 at their position. Some are close (Jennings, Monroe, Smith)

We now have top 10 players at their position at 4 of the 5 starting positions.[/QUOTE]

that is a stretch. I don't know if any of the Pistons players are top 10 at their position. Some are close (Jennings, Monroe, Smith)

Jennings prob not (I can name Paul, Westbrook, Rose, Parker, Lillard, Deron, Holliday, Curry, Irving, Wall off the top of my head.) Smith is (Lebron, Durant, George and Melo probably the only ones in the convo.) Monroe or Drummond is depending on which one you want to call the center.

If jennings uses his quickness to create instead of taking off kilter shots and KCP becomes a consistent scorer from the outside then it could work well enough to be a 6-8 seed. Those 2 things definitely need to happen or we will have offensive struggles. I dont really see the discount you guys do.....no other team in their right mind was paying jennings more than 8 mi.....which was why were a month into FA and he still wasnt on a team. Smith wasnt getting offers for more than we paid him. He could have taken a discount to go to a contender but he followed the cash. I guess if i drill JoeD for giving out contracts like the Gordon/CV ones than i should appluad him for getting contracts closer to the Smith/Jennings ones....only problem is no other teams were handing out that kind of money either. So clapping it out for Joe just cause he wasnt stupid.....its meh.

Jennings prob not (I can name Paul, Westbrook, Rose, Parker, Lillard, Deron, Holliday, Curry, Irving, Wall off the top of my head.) Smith is (Lebron, Durant, George and Melo probably the only ones in the convo.) Monroe or Drummond is depending on which one you want to call the center.

Drummond isn't top 10 at C
Monroe...might be a top 10 C
Smith might be a top 10 SF but I don't think he is.
They don't have a top 25 SG!

Last edited:
The good news is the team will look drastically different thatn last year....and they sucked last year.

The bad news is i dont know how much better we will be after the changes. Probably marginally better.

Tank and a top 5 pick would have probably made us drastically better and saved us money.

I definitely believe Drummond is a top 10 center, behind Howard, Gasol, Duncan, Hibbert, Noah, and maybe Pekovic. Monroe is also a top 10 PF FOR SURE. Smith and Jennings are both borderline but are still GREAT.

I definitely believe Drummond is a top 10 center, behind Howard, Gasol, Duncan, Hibbert, Noah, and maybe Pekovic. Monroe is also a top 10 PF FOR SURE. Smith and Jennings are both borderline but are still GREAT.

1) thats fair to say

2) thats doesnt mean much since there are only about 7 legitimate "centers" in the league nowadays.

healthy/motivated bynum is easily better than drummond.

If jennings uses his quickness to create instead of taking off kilter shots and KCP becomes a consistent scorer from the outside then it could work well enough to be a 6-8 seed. Those 2 things definitely need to happen or we will have offensive struggles. I dont really see the discount you guys do.....no other team in their right mind was paying jennings more than 8 mi.....which was why were a month into FA and he still wasnt on a team. Smith wasnt getting offers for more than we paid him. He could have taken a discount to go to a contender but he followed the cash. I guess if i drill JoeD for giving out contracts like the Gordon/CV ones than i should appluad him for getting contracts closer to the Smith/Jennings ones....only problem is no other teams were handing out that kind of money either. So clapping it out for Joe just cause he wasnt stupid.....its meh.

At least he didnt pay Tyreke evans 11 mill per year... that alone should be cause for applause.

Last edited:

John Wall just got $16 mill per year and he is a fringe top 10 pg. We got Jennings for half the price and he is a few fg% points and an apg away from being John Wall. Shoot, Jennings is actually a better floor general than wall if you go by to/g (for all the flack Jennings gets for recklessness, he sure does take care of the ball before he shoots it.)

Drummond is going to be a hell of a lot better than some of you guys think he will be. Jennings is very similar to Jrue holiday if you compare stats. We already know Monroe is a consistent piece for our team. Josh smith is very athletic and explosive, and he destroyed us last year.

Drummond MIGHT be a top 10 center but he isn't yet.

He isn't better (yet) than:

Howard
Chandler
Asik
M Gasol
Bargnani
Lee
Horford
Cousins
Bosh (listed as C)
Lopez
Aldridge
Jefferson
Noah
Pekovic
Hibbert

Howard
Chandler
Asik
M Gasol
Bargnani
Lee
Horford
Cousins
Bosh (listed as C)
Lopez
Aldridge
Jefferson
Noah
Pekovic
Hibbert

Not as good as or didnt get as much opportunity as? Not all of those players are true centers, and most of them aren't as good as Drummond in his rookie year lol.

Howard
Chandler
Asik
M Gasol
Bargnani
Lee
Horford
Cousins
Bosh (listed as C)
Lopez
Aldridge
Jefferson
Noah
Pekovic
Hibbert

Every player on this list is CURRENTLY better than Drummond except Bargnani. Bargnani isn't a Center, no matter what the roster says. All he does is shoot. No defense or rebounding, which is what a center is supposed to do.
If Drummond could learn a few post moves, he has the potential to at least be better than Lee, Horford, Cousins, and Jefferson (because he doesn't play defense).

Back