Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pittsburgh 6 Detroit 5 Final ot

Islanders 87 points
78 Games Played
(36-27-15)
Montreal
@ NYR
@ NJ
Pittsburgh
===================== =====
Pittsburgh 86 points.
78 Games played .
(37-30-12)
Boston
Nashville
@ NYI
=================================
Washington 85 points
78 Games Played
( 37-31-11)
Tampa Bay
Boston
@ Philadelphia
==================================
Detroit 85 points
78 Games Played
(38-32-9)
@ Toronto
Montreal
@ Montreal
==================================
Philadelphia 85 points
79 games played
(37-32-11)
New Jersey
Washington.

Last edited:
Andrew Copp has a broken or fractured Cheek bone on the missed high stick penalty against Washington. The refs didn’t even see it. Ridiculous .

In playoff type games like against Washington or in a playoff series the refs just don’t call penalty’s. I already mentioned the missed boarding in the Islanders rangers game. Is this team tough enough that is the question.

Last edited:
Wings trailed 1-0 . Tied it 1-1 but I think they we are playing all out of sync and sure enough poor defensive effort allowed a 2 on 1 break and Crosby buried it. Trail 2-1.

Raymond ties it 2-2 with 13.8 seconds left in the first ! Finally a break goes the wings way ! We just need to tighten the defense up.

Very frustrating. Wings dominating the play all 2nd period so far and one Mistake cost us the tie to Crosby. 3-2 Pittsburgh. We were all over them until that play at center ice. Two passes and it’s in our damn net. Not even sure if it was a mistake l heck idk. But just like Washington game we should be leading and we are not.

4 on 4 . Crosby and chariot both going to the box. Game is getting real chippy.

4-2 Pittsburgh. Another Sort of turnover cost this goal But Raymond was tripped by someone on a slash at the blue line. Goal should not have counted. It was a blatant slash on Raymond.

Last edited:
This team needs a bonafide superstar in the worst way. That is the biggest issue I take with Yzerman's tenure is that we still don't have one.

I don't even care if it's up front, on the blue line, or in net. All they have right now is a collection of meh to good players.

Getting kicked out of the playoffs by the likes of Ovechkin and Crosby/Letang is really frustrating considering they're the same players that were annoying us back in the 2008-2009 times.

This team needs a bonafide superstar in the worst way. That is the biggest issue I take with Yzerman's tenure is that we still don't have one.

I don't even care if it's up front, on the blue line, or in net. All they have right now is a collection of meh to good players.
You are right. Some of it is terrible luck in the lottery with really bad teams but Steve could have done a tad more maybe. Idk.

Last edited:
Getting kicked out of the playoffs by the likes of Ovechkin and Crosby/Letang is really frustrating considering they're the same players that were annoying us back in the 2008-2009 times.
Agree with you. They are running the same damn plays. SC is so good.
But that 4th goal by Pittsburgh should not have counted. Blatant Slash on
Raymond .

Team is fortunate to even still have a shot at playoffs. Philly has lost 8 straight to give them a chance and they still keep shitting all over themselves.

It just feels like the Wings have to work extra hard for the goals they get while other teams. Seem to capitalize on every little mistake we make..

Team is fortunate to even still have a shot at playoffs. Philly has lost 8 straight to give them a chance and they still keep shitting all over themselves.
Agree not just them but Washington lost a bunch in a row too till Tuesday sadly.

Back