Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Play for the seed or get healthy?

upnorth

What's the priority next week? I say we sit everyone that could use an extra week to heal... GB is probably doing the same

Strike while the iron is hot, if we have a chance to beat GB why not take it?

I want them to play all just for the fact that it's at Lambeau...I don't care if it's an empty win, the streak will still be broken

Romneybot said:
I want them to play all just for the fact that it's at Lambeau...I don't care if it's an empty win, the streak will still be broken

OK, fuck it, let's go ahead and not forfeit then.

I hope they play. 20 years not winning in GB is too fkn long.

Getting back to the playoffs is a big deal for Lions fans, but we all know it doesn't really matter unless you win the last game of the season. Our odds of doing that are slim, but in order to pull it off, the Lions need to go through a good team.

I think we should have beaten San Fran earlier this year, and they can do it in the playoffs. Green Bay with it's banged up O-line isn't as scary as it was four weeks ago. The Saints... we all know it's hard to dominate a team twice in one season.

If Schwartz plays for the seed, he's telling his players "I don't think you guys are good enough to beat one of the better teams". Rest the starters, get them healthy, and turn them loose.

This year or next, they have to learn how to beat the upper echelon teams if we're going to see a parade.

I don't think thats what it means. Nothing wrong with trying to beat a rival. And with some luck, lots of luck :) Detroit and Atlanta in nfc title game means Ford field.

Plus, you don't think they want to end a 20 year streak? No doubt they do.

Whoa...ink that's kind of an odd way of looking at things. A team of competitive athletes is going to want to win week in and week out regardless of the situation, but as a coach and as a team your job is to put yourself in the most advantageous position...in this case it's a five seed. If Schwartz plays his boys he's saying I think you can win five in a row...

Win and break the streak in the frozen Tundra. If one team gets a double digit lead then throw the back-ups in.. I would much rather play the Giants, Dallas or San Francisco but does it really matter... The lions can play with anyone right now.. I am so freaking excited...

Calvin and Stafford gotta sit this one out imho. Shaun Hill can/will beat a Rodgersless and and Jenningsless Packer team.

kdp1980 said:
Calvin and Stafford gotta sit this one out imho. Shaun Hill can/will beat a Rodgersless and and Jenningsless Packer team.

I don't like a healthy player sitting a whole game. Especially QB. And with GB getting a bye, Rogers wont sit. That'd be two games in a row. Not good for a QB.

Can't sit guys. Unfortunately we're probably going to have to win this last game to avoid drawing the Saints in round one.

I agree with cml. Unless we get help from TB (@ ATL) and/or St. Louis (vs SF) next week (higly unlikely), we are going to have to beat GB (to avoid NO in the 1st round). I do believe we can beat SF, DAL, and NYG.

Back