Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Play for the seed or get healthy?

I can't see anyone on our team (who is healthy) not playing at least the first half and most likely at least 3 quarters. The score will dictate that decision. If you are already hurt, then yes, I can see those guys sitting to heal for the playoffs.

Gotta play em, can't have another game like they had after the bye week during the playoffs.

I agree, stay in rythm and play them... Also hopefully take over that 5th seed. I would love to play the giants/dallas over New Orleans/San Fran.

nattyiceman2 said:
I agree, stay in rythm and play them... Also hopefully take over that 5th seed. I would love to play the giants/dallas over New Orleans/San Fran.

I would not mind playing SF but I do not see them dropping the #2 seed considering that they play STL I believe...I want SF back as I believe we should have won that game even though it was a home game during the regular season. Despite their record I do not think SF is as good as their record indicates personally. I do not want to see NO in the first round though and would prefer Dallas over NYG just because the cold in NY probably would not favor our passing attack. Any way you slice it though we are in the playoffs and if we play like we did against SD we should be able to play with anybody there in my opinion!

MI_Thumb said:
Strike while the iron is hot, if we have a chance to beat GB why not take it?
\

This.

I cant imagine management looks over the NO tape and gets excited to play them again any time soon. Shoot to play the Gmen or Dallas. Whether id want to play DAL or NYG is another good debate. I think at this point id rather play DAL with their inconsistent run game. Stay away from NYG pass rush which could control the game vs us.

The playoffs are here. Lions need to play like they are.

you play for the 5 seed...lol

gimme the Giants or Cowgirls anytime...instead of wandering into New Orleans.

Why wouldn't you play for the 5th seed? You can either play a line up that would likely be NYG/DAL, SF, and GB en route to a SB berth OR NO then GB then SF/ATL to get to the SB. I'll take the former which only has me play one of the Top 2 QBs this season and not until the NFC Championship. I'll let Brees and Rodgers duke it out and knock one another out and take the victor the following week.

Eddie said:
Why wouldn't you play for the 5th seed? You can either play a line up that would likely be NYG/DAL, SF, and GB en route to a SB berth OR NO then GB then SF/ATL to get to the SB. I'll take the former which only has me play one of the Top 2 QBs this season and not until the NFC Championship. I'll let Brees and Rodgers duke it out and knock one another out and take the victor the following week.

GB vs NO can't happen until the NFC Championship.

Eddie said:

Lions get the 5 , they'll see Rodgers in round 2 unless Atlanta upsets New Orleans at home...

Lions get the 6 they see Brees in round 1 and if they get by that they see Rodgers in round 2.

SLICK said:
Eddie said:

Lions get the 5 , they'll see Rodgers in round 2 unless Atlanta upsets New Orleans at home...

Lions get the 6 they see Brees in round 1 and if they get by that they see Rodgers in round 2.

This.

NFL Re-seeds after each round... so lowest seed always plays highest seed. It's not a set-bracket.

And sounds like they are going into Green Bay with the intent of playing to pick up a victory. Now if the game gets lopsided either way, I'd expect both teams to rest guys.

Sterling Sharpe said the Packers are going to play to win. No resting guys.

Suh was quoted yesterday saying the Lions have every intention of trying to pick up the 5 seed.

Now that Atlanta has lost, if we win it's ours. I like our chances in either Dallas or New York better than going to New Orleans. In either situation, I don't think we're getting out of Round 2

Back