Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Playoff baseball

So glad to see the Cubs swept and seeing their jackass fans crawl back to their caves

Only watching a few innings. I really can't stand baseball on TV unless it's the Tigers for some reason . I like the history of baseball through its numbers I guess but watching a full game with no team interst is just not going to happen .

It is funny I have caught 3 of Murphys 6 Homers on channel flips ...good timing I guess.

Not sure I could handle the Cubs winning a WS. Thank goodness they won't..

I am a Curtis Granderson fan, so I am extremely happy he has a legit shot to win the World Series.

I always liked Granderson but I can't root for any NY team.

I have lived in northern NY for the past 11 or so years, the Mets are more tolerable to me than the Yankees or even the Red Sox. I would certainly root for them over the Royals or Bluejays.

The reason why I wouldn't mind if the Mets won.. 2 fold. First, KC and Toronto won't. 2nd, and more importantly, Yankee fans would be ticked that their cross town rival won.

The reason why I wouldn't mind if the Mets won.. 2 fold. First, KC and Toronto won't. 2nd, and more importantly, Yankee fans would be ticked that their cross town rival won.

Yup...I work with a few Yankee fans. It would kill them almost as much as when the Red Sox won.

I have lived in northern NY for the past 11 or so years, the Mets are more tolerable to me than the Yankees or even the Red Sox. I would certainly root for them over the Royals or Bluejays.

Understandable. With the three remaining teams...I would probably root for the Royals if I had to root for somebody. Fortunately, I don't!

I know the Cubs are out of it time to look back on the Cubs in the WS. It has to happen sooner or later right? For a team that has not been to the WS since 1945 they are still 8th in MLB right behind the Tigers who are in 7th place will 11 appearances.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_Series_champions

The Cubs 10 WS appearances..

1945 Tigers win 4 games to 3.
1938 Yanks win 4 games to 2.
1935 Tigers win 4 games to 2.
1932 Yanks win 4 games to 0.
1929 Phil A's win 4 games to 1.
1918 Red Sox win 4 games to 2
1910 Phil A's win 4 games to 0.
1908 Cubs win 4 games to 1. (Tigers) :(
1907 Cubs win 4 games to 0 with 1 tie over Tigers again :(
1906 White Sox win 4 games 2

Last edited:
Cubs should have won in 1906. They choked. It has been long suspected they threw the 1918 series ala the 1919 White Sox. In 1929, they were down 2 games to 1, and up 8-0 in game 4, but surrendered 10 runs in the 7th to lose the game and fell behind 3-1. No coming back from that. In 1932, the Yanks (not Sens) beat them. That was Babe Ruth's called shot. In 1935, Game 6, they had the winning run on third with none out in the ninth, but failed to score. Goslin singled in Cochrane for the walk-off win. 1945 was the Billy Goat.

Cubs other postseason appearances:
1984: Garvey HR, Bull Durham's Buckner Moment and the Padres win.
1988: They got clubbed. That was the Will Clark slam off Greg Maddux series. Everyone thought they were the team of destiny.
1998: Swept in LDS
2003: Bartman
2007 and 2008: Swept in LDS
2015: Manhandled by the Mets

I'm rooting for the Royals again, just like last year. They are so much like the Tigers were once (and now are again), the laughing stock of the division, an easy opponent to rest your starters against. But they built themselves up, and played hard and for the true Royals fans I hope they don't get let down like us Tiger fans did.

I'll be pulling for the Mets and the two ex tigers + I can't stand some of those cocky ass royals and hope they lose

Last edited:
I'll be pulling for the Mets and the two ex tigers + I can't stand some of those cocky ass royals and hope the lose

This x100. I also really like David Wright, and fucking hate Hosmer and Ventura. Plus I think Yost is a shit manager who gets lucky.

I'll be pulling for the Mets and the two ex tigers + I can't stand some of those cocky ass royals and hope the lose

Me too. Although I totally forgot that Grandy played for the Tigers for a minute there. It has been a while since Granderson wore the old English "D." Plus, the Royals just -look- evil. And they usurped the Tigers AL Central throne. Oh wait a minute. The Tigers really didn't play that well -this- year. Last year, the streaking Royals put the Tigers to shame, even though they didn't face the Tigers in the postseason. I was mad about that.

Back