Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Playoff baseball

I know the Cubs are out of it time to look back on the Cubs in the WS. It has to happen sooner or later right? For a team that has not been to the WS since 1945 they are still 8th in MLB right behind the Tigers who are in 7th place will 11 appearances.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_Series_champions

The Cubs 10 WS appearances..

1945 Tigers win 4 games to 3.
1938 Yanks win 4 games to 2.
1935 Tigers win 4 games to 2.
1932 Wash win 4 games to 1.
1929 Phil A's win 4 games to 1.
1918 Red Sox win 4 games to 2
1910 Phil A's win 4 games to 0.
1908 Cubs win 4 games to 1. (Tigers) :(
1907 Cubs win 4 games to 0 with 1 tie over Tigers again :(
1906 White Sox win 4 games 2

That was the Yankees in 1932. Ruth's "called shot." 4-0 sweep.

So who saw Torre freaking out over the delay because someone unplugged the feed on the way to the head? With Smokes at his side. And we got dumped to Eric Karros and Dontrell Willis and (boy!) were they surprised!

Just came to the realization the Royals are going to do what the Tigers couldn't do. I'm drinking tonight.

If only the Tigers had the Royals bullpen (before 2015)...

The Royals are a complete team. Last year (before the playoffs) I said I would trade the entire Tigers roster for the Royals roster.

Oh well...the Tigers had a window and blew it.

Well I suppose the royals are going to win the World Series, not real crazy bout that but ya know all in all, just another Boulder on top of the pile of misery I guess, between the Tigers falling short then seeing a hot headed rival do what we couldn't and the lions return to the laughing stock of the NFL I just don't see it ever happening for us, doomed to a lifetime of misery is what being a tigers/lions fan is all about..just don't pass it on to the next generation please

Thx

Last edited:
Yeah KC does where we F-ing Choked when we reached the WS.. The tigers had plenty of Fire power to win Multiple titles and it was always something the caused us to just not get over the top.. Happy that DD returned us to playoff baseball but we should have had at least 2 if not more the last 10 years.. It hurts a lot watching the Royals win another one before us because of how bad they were just a few years ago..
Glad I forgot all about it until 10 minutes ago..

Last edited:
I'm glad this season is over. The Tigers fell apart, Royals won the World Series. I'm not even very sure the Tigers will have a great improvement next year. The run differential of the Tigers this year was -114, the worst in the AL. That is really really incredibly bad, considering the Tigers were great at hitting.

I'm glad this season is over. The Tigers fell apart, Royals won the World Series. I'm not even very sure the Tigers will have a great improvement next year. The run differential of the Tigers this year was -114, the worst in the AL. That is really really incredibly bad, considering the Tigers were great at hitting.

ditto

I see a few years of sub .500 baseball in Detroit

They were terrible at hitting, especially after the AS break (last in Runs in AL).

10th in Runs Scored (15th after the break)

13th in WPA

Their team BABIP of .322 means they were more lucky than good in 2015.

Back