Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Post your Lions Mocks

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
Draft Day is tomorrow! Post your 7 round Mock Drafts here!

Rules - Trades allowed (please include details of trade), post only the Lions' picks.

Trade from 6 to 11 for #41

11 Calijah Kancey DL Pitt
18 Joey Porter Jr CB PSU
41 Drew Sanders LB Ark
48 Steve Avila G TCU
55 Devon Achane RB A&M
81 Michael Wilson WR Stanford
152 Anthony Johnson Jr S Iowa State
159 Dorian Thompson-Robinson QB UCLA
183 Payne Durham TE Purdue
194 Jonah Tavai DL San Diego State

I wanted Witherspoon at 6, but trading down to get another 2nd round pick was too appealing. I think this draft sets us up well for the future.

As a sidenote, i think the Lions would love Kancey. They'll use him, aidan, and paschal as interchangeable pieces on the line, moving them all around and confusing the shit out of defenses. Porter solidifying the secondary makes that DL very scary in the next few years.

No trades

J Carter DT
B Robinson RB
H Hooker QB
DJ Turner CB
Sam Laporta TE
Isaiah McGuire Edge
SirVocea Dennis LB
Jaxon Player DT
DeMarco Hellams S

With Trades

Carter
Robinson
Hooker
Jordan Battle S
Jaylon Jones CB
Moro Ojomo DT
Will Mallory TE
Brenton Cox Edge

2024 picks

NYG 3rd
TB 3rd
Cin 3rd
TB 4th
CHI 4th
TB 2nd
TB 5th
Bills 5th

Round 1 pick 6 CB Christian Gonzalez
Round 1 pick 18 WR Quentin Johnston
Round 2 pick 48 DT Mazi Smith
Round 2 pick 55 LB Trenton Simpson
Round 3 Pick 81 CB Clark Phillips
Round 5 Pick 152 TE Zach Kuntz
Round 5 Pick 159 OT Spencer Anderson
Round 6 Pick 183 S Benny Sapp
Round 6 Pick 194 QB Aidan O Connell

My favorite liens mock is ?being a Lions fan it?s like having a special-needs sibling. You have to love them, but you know it?s never going to get any better.?

Last edited:
TRADE Tennessee Titans trade up from 11 to 6 and give up #11, #41 and a 2024 2nd round pick. That may seem a little high, but it is similar to what the Bills gave up for Josh Allen when they moved from 12 to 7.

Tennessee Titans: Anthony Richardson - Vrabel loves to play ball control and how better to do that with Anthony Richardson. Henry and Richardson could make their run game the most dangerous in the NFL. If Richardson ever figures out his accuracy issues, he could make the Titans very dangerous for a long time.
Now on to what I think the Lions will do.

11th Pick - Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR - This staff knows Jared Goff needs elite weapons and works best with guys that can get open. People point to JSN being a slot only and redundant to St. Brown. I disagree with that assessment on JSN myself, but even if you don?t, look at what Goff did with a similar WR core with the Rams. Jameson Williams can fill the Brandin Cooks role, St. Brown the Woods role and JSN the Kupp role. This ensures an elite WR core for 4+ seasons, assuming we re-sign St. Brown.

18th Pick - Bijan Robinson, RB - Back to back offensive skill players? Is this scenario, yes. We get the two best weapons in the entire draft. Both these guys will have the chance to have a major impact year 1. Bijan is arguably a top 5 player in this entire class and IMO, the best RB prospect since Peterson. His addition makes this the best RB group in the entire NFL. Combine that with a top 5 O-Line and top 5 WR group (remember I drafted JSN), and this offense could dominate the NFL for years to come. The only key member on offense that would be a FA in 2024 would be Jonah Jackson. Call this a hyperbole if you want, but if I were to bet on any player in this class turning into a future HOF?er, Bijan would be my odds on favorite.

TRADE The Detroit Lions trade pick 41, 152, and their own 2024 3rd rounder to move up to 33 with the Steelers to select?

32nd Pick - Adetomiwa Adebawore, DT - This guy has definitely turned into a draft crush of mine. If we don?t get Carter, this is the guy I want who can wreck havoc on the interior. I think there may not be a massice year 1 impact, but his upside as an interior pass rusher is sky high and he fits the Dan Campbell football player mold.

48th Pick - Darnell Washington, TE - If you told me at the beginning of the off-season that I would take this much offense early in the draft I would have laughed at you, but here we are. Holmes has done a fantastic job building this defense so far this off-season and I don?t think there are a ton of spots up for grabs. TE is probably the weakest position on this entire team and although we can make due without adding a ton to this room, Washington just happens to fall right into our laps. Already an elite blocker at the TE position, Washington offers a massive red zone target early on. Is not a very agile guy and probably will never be a great route runner. To me he completes our offense and offers major upgrades as a blocker and red zone presence year 1.

55th Pick - Steve Avila, OG - Guard is a much more pressing need than it appears on the surface. Big V, Glasgow, and Jonah are all 2024 FA?s. I could see Glasgow coming back on the cheap next year, and maybe even Big V if he stays healthy and his cost is pretty reasonable, but I don?t think Jonah is in our future plans. Avila offers depth/competition in 2023 and a ready made replacement for Jonah in 2024.

81st Pick - Clark Phillips, CB - Even with Okudah gone, I don?t see CB as a major need for us. Sutton is here for 3 years, and Jacobs is a RFA in 2024 as well. Phillips is a guy who will slide in the draft because he doesn?t look the part, but all he did was make plays. This staff is keying on ball production in the secondary and there isn?t much better than Phillips in the 2023 draft. He would offer depth this year and fill the playmaking slot CB role in 2024, that CJGJ will play this year

159th Pick - Dorian Thompson Robinson, QB - It appears DTR has become most of our favorite mid round QB with upside. I really like the idea of bringing him in as well. We may even be able to use him in packages year 1. With a creative OC like Ben Johnson, I am sure there are ways he could use his athletic ability, similar to what the Raiders did with Mariota a couple years ago when he backed up Derek Carr.

183rd Pick - Jerrod Clark, NT - Whether it is Clark or Brodric Martin, I want to grab a true run stuffing NT late in the draft. These guys may not play major roles, maybe 10-15 snaps a game, but they play an important role. Having a guy like this in the rotation could make a difference if games. Someone who can take on a double team and not lose ground can free up other players to make plays in goal line/short yardage situations.

194th Pick - Carter Warren, OT - We need a developmental tackle on this team. Matt Nelson isn?t the worst option, but it clearly someone we can upgrade on. Warren has prototypical size and arm length to play tackle, as well as ideal atheticism. This is the type of player I like to take dart throws at in the late rounds.

Feel free to pick it apart if you took the time to read through it. Did not come out of the draft with a LB?er, but I don?t think a rookie cracks our top 3 of Anzalone, Rodriguez, and Barnes anyway. Through in JRM and I?m not sure we have a spot available anyway with us typically playing 2 LB?ers or less on most snaps.

Tennessee Titans: Anthony Richardson - Vrabel loves to play ball control and how better to do that with Anthony Richardson. Henry and Richardson could make their run game the most dangerous in the NFL. If Richardson ever figures out his accuracy issues, he could make the Titans very dangerous for a long time.
Now on to what I think the Lions will do.

11th Pick - Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR - This staff knows Jared Goff needs elite weapons and works best with guys that can get open. People point to JSN being a slot only and redundant to St. Brown. I disagree with that assessment on JSN myself, but even if you don?t, look at what Goff did with a similar WR core with the Rams. Jameson Williams can fill the Brandin Cooks role, St. Brown the Woods role and JSN the Kupp role. This ensures an elite WR core for 4+ seasons, assuming we re-sign St. Brown.

18th Pick - Bijan Robinson, RB - Back to back offensive skill players? Is this scenario, yes. We get the two best weapons in the entire draft. Both these guys will have the chance to have a major impact year 1. Bijan is arguably a top 5 player in this entire class and IMO, the best RB prospect since Peterson. His addition makes this the best RB group in the entire NFL. Combine that with a top 5 O-Line and top 5 WR group (remember I drafted JSN), and this offense could dominate the NFL for years to come. The only key member on offense that would be a FA in 2024 would be Jonah Jackson. Call this a hyperbole if you want, but if I were to bet on any player in this class turning into a future HOF?er, Bijan would be my odds on favorite.

These two players would be perfect picks IMO. I think JSN is the best WR in this class and even though I don't think drafting RB's in the first is wise, if this guy is as good as advertised, it would be worth it.

Goff would thrive with JSN, St Brown, & Williams as a field stretcher. Him thriving probably means an extension and he would be the Lions guy for the next 8 years at $45-50M per year?

Round 1 pick 6 CB Christian Gonzalez
Round 1 pick 18 WR Quentin Johnston
Round 2 pick 48 DT Mazi Smith
Round 2 pick 55 LB Trenton Simpson
Round 3 Pick 81 CB Clark Phillips
Round 5 Pick 152 TE Zach Kuntz
Round 5 Pick 159 OT Spencer Anderson
Round 6 Pick 183 S Benny Sapp
Round 6 Pick 194 QB Aidan O Connell

I am also starting to get on the Christian Gonzalez over Witherspoon bandwagon. I'm not even sure why.....I just think he will be a better NFL corner.

I am also starting to get on the Christian Gonzalez over Witherspoon bandwagon. I'm not even sure why.....I just think he will be a better NFL corner.

It's kind of funny. I have a lot of opinions about these college players but in reality, I don't know much about them. Outside of OSU & BIG10 players, I haven't watched a lot of them play. I am just forming my opinion based on what I read.

It's kind of funny. I have a lot of opinions about these college players but in reality, I don't know much about them. Outside of OSU & BIG10 players, I haven't watched a lot of them play. I am just forming my opinion based on what I read.

Be careful brotha. If you do that, you might fall in love w a player like Malik Willis.

I like Witherspoon wayyyy more than gonzalez. Witherspoon is a great tackler, hits like a truck, has shut down corner skills and also plays the run well. He's not a wimpy guy that will ever get run over. He loves the game and he has a good connection already in the backfield.

Gonzalez is cool, but if spoon is there and we are going DB, I'll take Spoon first. He fits this team's mentality like a glove

Reactions: LKP
I hate taking a cornerback at 6. Get one later in the draft do not use pick 6 on Witherspoon who played against shit qb?s in the big ten. He is moving the betting line so sadly he may be the pick at six.

I hate taking a cornerback at 6. Get one later in the draft do not use pick 6 on Witherspoon who played against shit qb?s in the big ten. He is moving the betting line so sadly he may be the pick at six.

That's not true. You don't hate it.

If we take Witherspoon at #6 and he becomes Darrell Revis, would you hate it?

That's not true. You don't hate it.

If we take Witherspoon at #6 and he becomes Darrell Revis, would you hate it?

He would hate it until proven otherwise probably especially after Okudah aftermath

If pick 18 CB was a Revis too, maybe he doesn't hate passing on Witherspoon at 6. If Carter is a stud DT or Wilson is a stud DE or we get a franchise QB for 7.5 million per (pick 6) he might not hate passing on Witherspoon too.

If Detroit selects CB at 6 they are dumb dumb. Same old same old.

Back