Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Poster of the week?

I don't shop at Wal-Mart either and never understood The link.. Historically I thought MSU has a rich history.. I understand why MSU fans hate when Michigan fans bring up history but MSU's history is far from shabby...

I don't know if your typical garden variety Sparty is familiar with the term "Walmart Wolverine..." but it seems to me that a typical garden variety Wolverine has never heard the term.

When I was just back in Ann Arbor and the Ann Arbor area, I went to the Walmart in Saline to buy Michigan gear so I could be a "Walmart Wolverine..."

Anyway, my cousins, who are Michigan fans but don't go on Michigan internet chatboards or anything had never heard of a "Walmart Wolverine..." and a few other garden variety Michigans that I talked to hadn't either.

So it strikes me that probably only Michigan obsessed goofs like us, who engage in unusual human behavior like going on Michigan internet boards and stuff like that, are familiar with the term "Walmart Wolverine."

Now, again, I don't know about the Sparties - maybe it's just Sparties like the Sparty goofs on this board who know what a Walmart Wolverine is...or on the other hand, maybe every Sparty undergrad walks around the Moo U campus obsessing on Walmart Wolverines all semester long.

I don't know what a poster of the week is, I just chip in my 2 cents every now and then when I catch time. I read the Michigan forum as much as I can, but never post anything. It was quite entertaining reading some of those posts after the Penn State game. Got a few good laughs out of it.

I don't know what a poster of the week is, I just chip in my 2 cents every now and then when I catch time. I read the Michigan forum as much as I can, but never post anything. It was quite entertaining reading some of those posts after the Penn State game. Got a few good laughs out of it.

That's called schadenfreude and its available in seemingly endless supply.

More of a Meijers guy, are you? Me too. But to see the link, check out peopleofwalmart.com and mentally superimpose a Denard Robinson jersey on them, or so as not to ruin the image for the shirtless patrons, picture a big block M tatt on their arm, shoulder or the small of their back...those folks are everywhere

I can't account for them except for the fact the it was the Michigan football program that managed some sustained success over the past 40+ seasons, until recently, of course. Were the situation reversed, they'd be sporting the block S instead. So it's a small price to pay I suppose for that outcome.

And I don't know how you got from RCMB, schadenfreude and entrance exams to big-box retail outlets, but congratulations.

WAIT: I just discovered why. You once again confused one poster for another. You need to learn to differentiate us.

I can't account for them except for the fact the it was the Michigan football program that managed some sustained success over the past 40+ seasons, until recently, of course. Were the situation reversed, they'd be sporting the block S instead. So it's a small price to pay I suppose for that outcome.

And I don't know how you got from RCMB, schadenfreude and entrance exams to big-box retail outlets, but congratulations.

WAIT: I just discovered why. You once again confused one poster for another. You need to learn to differentiate us.

It's not an unsolvable mystersy - and nobody is asking for or needs an explanation.

Confusing posters? I thought it an apt quote for a conversation with another poster, albeit in 1 thread (you should see me handle 3 different breakfast orders on any given Saturday morning) - and a lovely homage to your elegant prose which seemingly has no limit. You must know imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Goodness, can you not even take a compliment from a Spartan? Particularly one whose CFB interests partially align with your own?

It's not an unsolvable mystersy - and nobody is asking for or needs an explanation.

Confusing posters? I thought it an apt quote for a conversation with another poster, albeit in 1 thread (you should see me handle 3 different breakfast orders on any given Saturday morning) - and a lovely homage to your elegant prose which seemingly has no limit. You must know imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Goodness, can you not even take a compliment from a Spartan? Particularly one whose CFB interests partially align with your own?

My mistake. I see that now. I cannot relate to the rationale of people who partially root for a rival, however.

Its the upvotes and downvotes, I never got into it. The whole board is full of guys trying to be witty and get these. I post on rivals too, if you want good inside info and discussion, that's the place but its also $100 a year. You get a lot of good content from comp and pk.

the upvote/downvote is juvenile - something I would expect to see on an American Idol website if I ever went to one. But I have a bigger problem with the ratio of nonsense to actual sports talk.

My mistake. I see that now. I cannot relate to the rationale of people who partially root for a rival, however.

merely apologizing to him may not be enough... you must also find some way to show him respect.

Yeah I was imploding for sure as always after a loss, and then I had Jimmy Leyland's 8th inning that night...At least I think that was the same day....LOL It was a bad day for me..

Last edited:
The M hat I own is about 35 years old and it looks it.

My favorite piece of Spartan gear is the block "S" fitted hat I bought in '91. It is now the "old school" S and the hat can't be replaced. It's pretty beat up so I bought an "everyday" hat so I can get another 20 seasons out of the Saturday and special occasion lid.

Last edited:
Yeah I was imploding for sure as always after a loss, and then I had Jimmy Leyland's 8th inning that night...At least I think that was the same day....LOL It was a bad day for me..

No, the Tigers won Saturday night after the Penn State loss; there was still a combined no hitter going through the eighth...the horror for the Tigers was the next night, Sunday...

No, the Tigers won Saturday night after the Penn State loss; there was still a combined no hitter going through the eighth...the horror for the Tigers was the next night, Sunday...

yeah. even though I'm not a big baseball fan, I want the Tigers to win.

any remaining good feelings of "well, at least the Tigers won" went down like the Titanic on Sunday.

Rough day! It was a very rough series for us Tigers fans. Those grand slams still haunt me

Back