Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Potential Suh Alternative

As much as I love Willspoon, I think if we don't go with suh we should keep Mosley and go after some young guys. Either with draft picks or free agency. I don't think we need top guys, but at least one more of Mosley's caliber would be nice.

As much as I love Willspoon, I think if we don't go with suh we should keep Mosley and go after some young guys. Either with draft picks or free agency. I don't think we need top guys, but at least one more of Mosley's caliber would be nice.

I think a Fairley/Mosley combo with a couple young talented backups would be serviceable. Reid and maybe that kid from Texas in the 1st round. That would be a talented 4some.

Fortunately this DT FA class has some pretty decent talent behind Suh. The only thing I hope for is one way or another he decides quickly because if he makes us wait the guys we could get to replace him will sign elsewhere.

Fortunately this DT FA class has some pretty decent talent behind Suh. The only thing I hope for is one way or another he decides quickly because if he makes us wait the guys we could get to replace him will sign elsewhere.

I'm pretty sure Mayhew and company know already that he's gone. No one goes to free agency and then comes back to former team.

Big difference not having a state income tax. It really doesn't put every team on a level playing field when you're talking about that amount of money. It's a MASSIVE difference from California and its 12%+ state income tax.

Couldn't blame him at all for jumping to the Dolphins.

How bout a Dolphins vs. Lions Superbowl in 2016. We bring back Dom for 1 game and have him take out Suh's knee.

Where's Spielberg at? I have an idea for a movie!

Big difference not having a state income tax. It really doesn't put every team on a level playing field when you're talking about that amount of money. It's a MASSIVE difference from California and its 12%+ state income tax.

Couldn't blame him at all for jumping to the Dolphins.

How bout a Dolphins vs. Lions Superbowl in 2016. We bring back Dom for 1 game and have him take out Suh's knee.

Where's Spielberg at? I have an idea for a movie!

The four states that have NFL teams and no state income tax are FL, TN, Wash and TX (there may be more but that is off the top of my head). The Texans, Cowboys, Titans, Dolphins and Jags have been pretty shitty over the past 20 years. Not a single SB among them. The only team that has had recent success is Seattle.

Right now CA has a 13.3% income tax rate. On a $20M guaranteed contract a player loses $2.66M if he plays in CA vs. a state without a state tax. Add in the cost of living in one of the California cities that have an NFL team....I would stay away!

Back