Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Preseason Game 1: Falcons @ Lions Thread

Hutch with 2 tackles,a tfl and forced holding call in 4 plays

Lions gonna struggle with mobile qbs this year.

Well, defense looks like a Lions defense.

Good to see Okudah out there. Hope he can become a good corner or S still.

Yikes SOL.

Turnover and A 4th and 9.. kind of reminds me of last year all over again.

Terrible coverage DB never looked bad for the ball.
Blough sucks.

Losing culture is so hard to turn around.

Can Blough lead the team back?

Last edited:
Turn over and a 4th and 9. Some things never change even with 2nd and 3rd stringers.

You can?t write this shit up.

Lions lead by 3 late in the game and have the ball.

Qb fumbles.
Defense lets a 4th and 9 touchdown from 20 plus yards.

Frustrating but not surprising.

Last edited:
Heard on the radio this morning last preseason win for the Lions was August 2018.

Take aways

Starting O looked good
I still don?t like how swift is always hesitant and looking to bounce instead of hitting a hole with a vengeance
Starting D looked ok other than unable to stop QB ground yards
Hutch looked great
Tim Boyle is a shit QB

Take aways

Starting O looked good
I still don?t like how swift is always hesitant and looking to bounce instead of hitting a hole with a vengeance
Starting D looked ok other than unable to stop QB ground yards
Hutch looked great
Tim Boyle is a shit QB

Agree with all this....but I have no problem with the way Swift runs. People used to say the same thing about Barry (before anyone spouts something stupid, I am NOT comparing the two players)....but Swift has good vision and runs hard for his size.

Offense could be MUCH improved this year....and given solid health I think it will be. Weapons on the outside (Chark, Reynolds), inside (Hock, ASB, Raymond) and in the backfield (Swift) means teams have to defend all 3 levels and both sides of the field.....which they didn't have to do last year. Once Williams is added to that mix holy shit, if Ben Johnson and Goff work well together, this offense could be top 10.

Oline is talented and built to run the ball.....which helps keep the clock moving and keeps our defense on the sideline, where they are most effective.

Hutch could really be a beast in this league. He only played that one series but you can SEE IT. His motor, his athleticism, good initial moves and counter moves.....he could be special....which just opens everything up for the other pass rushers.

Blough is better than Boyle.....and if we don't make a trade for a better backup QB i'd rather Blough be the backup. He just has more control of the offense. Seems to know what is going on around him more so than Boyle....who ALWAYS looks lost.

Agree with all this....but I have no problem with the way Swift runs. People used to say the same thing about Barry (before anyone spouts something stupid, I am NOT comparing the two players)....but Swift has good vision and runs hard for his size.

Offense could be MUCH improved this year....and given solid health I think it will be. Weapons on the outside (Chark, Reynolds), inside (Hock, ASB, Raymond) and in the backfield (Swift) means teams have to defend all 3 levels and both sides of the field.....which they didn't have to do last year. Once Williams is added to that mix holy shit, if Ben Johnson and Goff work well together, this offense could be top 10.

Oline is talented and built to run the ball.....which helps keep the clock moving and keeps our defense on the sideline, where they are most effective.

Hutch could really be a beast in this league. He only played that one series but you can SEE IT. His motor, his athleticism, good initial moves and counter moves.....he could be special....which just opens everything up for the other pass rushers.

Blough is better than Boyle.....and if we don't make a trade for a better backup QB i'd rather Blough be the backup. He just has more control of the offense. Seems to know what is going on around him more so than Boyle....who ALWAYS looks lost.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I agree with everything you are saying

I see a slightly less stronger Bosa (Nick or Joey) with Hutch and impact right away. Excited about Hutch's impact and overall pass rush with Hutch, Harris and Julian O and Glenn sending bltizes but am worried about the run defense and the injuries (Paschal, Levi (chronic back), Romeo (achilles tough for bigger guys) and somewhat Julian O now). McNeil is solid but Brockers, the backup DTs and the LBs are going to be the downfall.

Secondary has to prove it can cover much better with the Lions getting a pass rush and if LBs can't cover going to hurt us over the middle in coverage too. No CB is elite but can AO, Okudah/Harris and Parker/Hughes be solid enough along with Walker/Elliot and is 5 solids enough against some of the high powered offenses we will face (Rodgers with whoever, Jefferson/Thielen, AJ Brown/Devonta Smith, Tyreek Hill/Waddle in Miami, Buffalo O, Dallas O, 8 games ). Luckily the other 9 shouldn't be as rough (Lockett/Metcalf but with Lock, Bears major issues, Washington with Wentz but McClaurin/Dotson, Jags not there yet, Jets not there yet, Giants not there yet with Daniel Jones but have Daboll to coach now, Carolina QB issues but Anderson/Moore are good and add McCaffery back, Pats ok with solids all around at WR/TE)

Last edited:
Back