Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Preseason Game 1: Jets @ Lions Thread

Entertainment? Idiotic. It's not the WWE. It's 100% worth watching. Just because Mike Valenti thinks it isn't cool or worth it, doesn't make it fucking so. I love watching the unknowns trying to make the club. Might be some sloppy ball out there but it's still football. The only thing wrong with preseason is the # of games. Should only be 2.

yes...entertainment. Even the regular season is just entertainment.

Didn't get to see the game.. did Moore play at all? Any impressions?

I assume you mean Lance Moore. He looked like he could be a solid pickup. I watched most the game on fast forward, but saw a pair of catches from him. Seemed like he was moving well, giving the QB a good target to throw too.

If you were talking Kellen Moore. He showed accuracy on most throws (except a brutal throw into the endzone). However no arm strength, it look like it too all his effort to throw 35 yards.

Great blocking on the Abdullah 45-yarder too, by Lance that is...

But he's a joke though. Why would you want to root for a kid like that? Especially if he plays for your favorite NFL team....right?

No joke. I would take Bell, Abdullah, Riddick, and Zenner with 1 FB into the season.

No joke. I would take Bell, Abdullah, Riddick, and Zenner with 1 FB into the season.

What position are you going to go short with to keep Zenner?

DL? LB? DB? WR?

I like the last man kept at any of those positions over Zenner. Plus, you will almost certainly be able to stash Zenner on the PS for a while.

NFL needs to increase roster size to 56 or 57 IMO.

What position are you going to go short with to keep Zenner?

DL? LB? DB? WR?

I like the last man kept at any of those positions over Zenner. Plus, you will almost certainly be able to stash Zenner on the PS for a while.

NFL needs to increase roster size to 56 or 57 IMO.

I thought they were going with 4 RBs and 1 FB though? Every year they do I think. Zenner and Winn fighting for that #4 should be interesting.

Last edited:
It's not even close to a joke. Players trying to live out their dreams is a joke to you? Fighting for their careers? Rooting for the underdog? Cmon man...the Pro Bowl is a joke. You're obviously confused
Fair enough. I just don't care to watch players grab stats from guys that will never play in the NFL. Example, Zenner gets to the hole quick but let's see him do it against a starting unit with a game plan. Chances are Caldwell already knows who makes this team.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Winn ran great last pre-season agains the 3s. It will come down to special teams and Zenner will be on the PS.

I would stash Zenner on the practice squad and you call him up if needed. It will free up a spot.

Fair enough. I just don't care to watch players grab stats from guys that will never play in the NFL. Example, Zenner gets to the hole quick but let's see him do it against a starting unit with a game plan. Chances are Caldwell already knows who makes this team.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I agree 100%, man. We need to see guys like Zenner or Salas play against the 1's and 2's to make a fair judgement. I just enjoy seeing that underdog fight and claw his way to the 53 man roster...

Zenner makes the 53 because this team needs his story -- hard nosed surgeon wannabe from South Dakota that out works and stays healthier than Joique for the downhill cloud of dust yards.

Now give him 6 years/$90 million and call it the start of a HOF career.....or put him on the PS.

Back