Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Preseason Game 2: Lions at Steelers Thread

So why didn't Goff play????? New team, New offense and these preseason games won't help him??? Really not liking this decision

I would have played him the first half and rest next week but coach made his decision a few days ago. Not sure I understand it. Not like we have a high drafted QB to groom.

So why didn't Goff play????? New team, New offense and these preseason games won't help him??? Really not liking this decision

Had the same thought it really doesn?t make a lot sense does it. I always give new coaching regimes an optimistic vibe but half to mark this up with a not impressed

Had the same thought it really doesn?t make a lot sense does it. I always give new coaching regimes an optimistic vibe but half to mark this up with a not impressed

LA isn't using it's best players at all. Stafford sat out both games and will sit out last game as well.

Barnes better be the 3rd LB. AJ Parker will get a a shot at slot CB. Onwuzurike looked good. Fox is a beast. Tavai, Will Harris and JRM were beyond horrible

I know Boyle is an awful backup QB too.

Nothing matters until Week 1 but the depth looks pretty awful in some spots.

Barnes better be the 3rd LB. AJ Parker will get a a shot at slot CB. Onwuzurike looked good. Fox is a beast. Tavai, Will Harris and JRM were beyond horrible

I know Boyle is an awful backup QB too.

Nothing matters until Week 1 but the depth looks pretty awful in some spots.

He might be a starter by default. I have a feeling some expected are getting cut.

Start Barnes next to Collins.

Keep Blough over Boyle. Or...Cut both back up QBs and go get Rosen for cheap.

If swift doesnt stay healthy this team is doomed. The offense is as bad as i thought they were going to be.

Talk of pre pre-season of how awesome he his NFL Network top 100 Stafford is nowhere to be found. Though he his 88 in CBS top 100 but what do they no.

If swift doesnt stay healthy this team is doomed. The offense is as bad as i thought they were going to be.

Swift and Hock are 100% needed every game. Jamaal Williams/run blocking will need to step up. The Oline is supposed to be the strength, we'll find out quickly if it will be or not

They got to start Marlowe over Harris too or make a trade for a safety. Harris is an absolute liability out there.

Nickel CBs and 2nd round RBs getting hurt is a Lion thing. Elder and Robey-Coleman can't stay on the field plus Dunbar with his off the field stuff. Big slot nickel for the rookie Melifonwu or put him at safety sooner rather than later. Have some growing pains but hopefully learns.

But I think they know it's a rebuilding year and will play some young guys that could lead to some losses.

We'll see what front 7 they can put out there. Potential there but we'll see who steps up from DE and OLB depth. And can McNeil be a good NT right away. They'll have growing pains for sure.

Last edited:
I just want to see wise coaching decisions and limited bonehead plays/penalties.

If the Lions do that and win only 4 games, then it's purely a talent issue, which can be corrected over time.

The culture change is more important to me this year, if we see the same old shit then you can expect another regime change in ~4 years.

Definitely coaches are responsible for the penalties. Backups or not that was atrocious. And the missed tackles so bad.

Last edited:

Blough looks like a better QB right now than Boyle. Boyle has a better arm.....but his accuracy is terrible. Blough moves better inside and outside of the pocket and is more accurate. I'd keep Blough.

OL better be damn good this year. No reason not to be. 3 different 1st round picks in Ragnow, Decker and Sewell. All rookie team LG and a very solid 3rd T in Crosby. All the talent in the world there.

Swift and Williams just need to stay relatively healthy this year. I like Igwebuike as the 3rd back, to be honest. I like the burst he has. Jefferson would be a fine 3rd if we stash Iggy on the practice squad.

WR corp is a dumpster fire. Williams was a solid signing, but every position after that is unproven at best. Perriman might not even make the team because of his attitude and drops. Nice job Brett.....way to raise an entitled crybaby. ASB will need to step up year one, but that's a lot to ask. I think Raymond has a chance to step in and be the deep threat we THOUGHT we were getting in Perriman. I'd like to see more of McKinley, Ratley and Cephus.

Hock and Fells is a very solid 1,2. Don't care who #3 is......if he sees significant PT thats not a good sign.

I like the DL.....don't care what you guys say. So many capable bodies out there. McNeil has a chance to be really good. Penisini could really surprise. LKP has said for 3 years how really good Hand was that one game.....Okwara, Okwara, Flowers, Onwuzurike could round out a group that could put some pressure on the QB. Not enough to finish top 10 in sacks....but maybe 15th??

LB. Ugh. Its pathetic. If it werent for the WR group this would easily be the worst position group. Collins is solid but old. Barnes look to have a 5th gear when rushing the passer.....which is nice. But lets see how he plays his position when he's not rushing the passer. Everyone else sucks. Badly. Tavai is a joke. 2nd round pick??? FUCK YOU, FAT MAN!!!! Anzalone probably our best cover guy. Step up from Davis....but still not good. Pittman and JRM are depth. I always thought Reeves-Maybin had the athletic ability to be a good coverage LB.....but he rarely gets a chance and seems destined to be a special teams ace for the remainder of his career. Larry Izzo esque.

CB's should be better. I think Okudah shows the promise we were hoping to see last year. AO too. Ford has been everywhere this pre-season....lets hope it keeps up when the big boys play more. Roby-Coleman was a good sign and can fill in anywhere. A decent amount of how this group plays will depend on that DLine pressuring the QB.

Safety is another dumpster fire created by the old regime. Walker is solid, but that's about it. Harris is a joke. Not sure what he's doing on an NFL field. Marlow is a stop gap, and a bad one. An injury to Walker for an extended period could be devestating. Hoping a trade or a cap casulty here. Maybe they move Melifonwu there.

4-13. Just WAY too many holes still. We are at least a year away from respectability. Offense averages 22/game. Defense 32/game

WR corp is a dumpster fire.

I like the DL.....don't care what you guys say.

LB. Ugh. Its pathetic. If it werent for the WR group this would easily be the worst position group.

Safety is another dumpster fire created by the old regime. Hoping a trade or a cap casulty here.

Yes...yes it is. Im hoping the get a safety first after cap casualties....but second i want them to get a decent #2 WR. Theres always a couple.

I dont....i just see a bunch of really big slow bodies that arent doing much to shield the poor LB play. If youre going to be that big and slow then our LBs should be making a ton of plays just cleaning up. They dont...

LB is worse than WR imo. Collins, Anzalone and a bunch of stand up DEs that are REALLLLY BAD in coverage. Its the worst LB corps in the league hands down.

Yes...yes it is. And we passed on sooo many good ones this draft. Reminded me of when we knew we were losing Delmas and did nothing about it. Gotta hope some good ones get cut.

I wonder if Okudah can be a S, I'm not confident he's CB material.

Back