Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Preseason Game 2: Lions @ Colts Thread

grandy

Saturday 1pm

Most of the starters likely won't be playing in this one.

I like when starters play 1 qt first game, 2 qt game two and 3 qt game three and rest on game 4 the old way. Now they should play 2qt game 1, 3qt game two and rest last game.

Decent first drive. Still don?t feel good about any of these backup OL.

Watching right now. Love dvr. I hope Kennedy makes the team. I also hope the kid from cmu (Pimpleton) makes the squad somehow although the other guy is getting the bulk of the return yard Duties.

Last edited:
I like what I?ve seen from Kennedy, but I?m not sure what value he adds outside of WR.

Amon-Ra, Chark, Reynolds, Jameson (PUP), Raymond (ST/Returner) are locks

Cephus has been hurt, haven?t seen much of him, he?s probably making it.

Alexander looked decent on Saturday, with some nice returns.

After that is Pimpleton (not impressed so far) and Benson (meh, but plays ST).

Looking at a toss-up (probably two spots) between Pimpleton, Benson, Cephus, Alexander, and Kennedy. If Kennedy doesn?t have a significant ST role, I don?t see him having a strong case to make the roster. That said, I hope they can keep him on the practice squad.

I like what I?ve seen from Kennedy, but I?m not sure what value he adds outside of WR.

Amon-Ra, Chark, Reynolds, Jameson (PUP), Raymond (ST/Returner) are locks

Cephus has been hurt, haven?t seen much of him, he?s probably making it.

Alexander looked decent on Saturday, with some nice returns.

After that is Pimpleton (not impressed so far) and Benson (meh, but plays ST).

Looking at a toss-up (probably two spots) between Pimpleton, Benson, Cephus, Alexander, and Kennedy. If Kennedy doesn?t have a significant ST role, I don?t see him having a strong case to make the roster. That said, I hope they can keep him on the practice squad.

I would think that if you are a 5th or 6th WR, you better contribute on special teams.

I would think that if you are a 5th or 6th WR, you better contribute on special teams.

Agree and they are trying Kennedy at gunner to see

If you are consistent playmaker and the team needs depth, you could stick though but he needs to not be a liability in ST. However, not many teams need 3 slot guys. St Brown, Raymond and then Kennedy is overkill and could make us weaker depth in other spots. Trinity Benson offers more special teams ability and has better size and speed but not preseason production. And Cephus can't stay healthy so its creating a tough choice for WR 5 and 6

Watching right now. Love dvr. I hope Kennedy makes the team. I also hope the kid from cmu (Pimpleton) makes the squad somehow although the other guy is getting the bulk of the return yard Duties.

I know, right? Thank goodness for technology. Nothing like watching the almost worst team in the league playing a meaningless game you already know the outcome of.

Dude?s name is Pimpleton?

Damn. No wonder he grew up tough.

Anyway, next game next Sunday is on national broadcast TV.

I guess maybe Hard Knocks has created a little romantical interest in the Lions.

I know, right? Thank goodness for technology. Nothing like watching the almost worst team in the league playing a meaningless game you already know the outcome of.

Dude?s name is Pimpleton?

Damn. No wonder he grew up tough.

Anyway, next game next Sunday is on national broadcast TV.

I guess maybe Hard Knocks has created a little romantical interest in the Lions.

We have the last preseason game of the year. Would rather get it over with on Thursday or Friday. Shouldn't even play 2nd stringers in this game. 3rd string fighting for roster spots only

Back