Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Preseason Game #2 Pistons @ Cavs

It was a turnover fest but they played some defense down the stretch to get the win .. Nice steal by Knight maybe a missed fouled call but heck it is the NBA let them play.. One thing I really like is our guards can get some rebounds.. All of our guards can jump out of the gym... Knights rebound down the stretch was really nice. Probably going to be a long year but I hope I am wrong...

[color=#551A8B said:
BestIsBest[/color]]
DR said:
How many TO's did Daye have? Those nonchalant passes were killing me.

He had 5
Knight had 6
Bynum had 5

5 - brutal. I guess we're going to be seeing this kind of play for a while though.

Something to keep in mind is that high turnover rates in rookies is one of the greatest predictors of future development. This year is going to be pretty brutal, for sure, but I really like the young guys. Monroe still needs to be a much bigger part of the offense, but years 2 and 3 for Knight could be very good.

I'm fine with Knight's figure...well, not really, 6 is too many, but it's Daye's 5 that killed me. For as little as he handles the ball there's no way he should be near that number. Learn how to make a damn entry pass.

Agree about Monroe though. I'm sure they'll work in some set plays for him as the year goes on, rather than depending on a zillion pick and rolls like they have so far. Not that I necessarily disagree with that strategy for the time being, and to an extent in the future.

Back